Your biggest WoW Fails!

Forum Avatar
#1 - Sept. 11, 2012, 4:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was a low-level orc warlock in the first week of december 2008. I was running around the orc starting zone and I saw this passage up these mountains that lead to a ledge with a picturesque view of Ratchet. I stepped one step too far and fell.

Can't remember if the fall killed me; either way I ended up at ratchet and, being a n00b, set my hearth there. I ended up having to WALK all the way through the barrens and durotar back to the starting zone. I didn't care though because I was a wide-eyed n00bcake who was just like "woah those mobs are like lvl 20 the players here must be really good/high-level".

What were some bad moves that you made?

—EFT
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#24 - Sept. 11, 2012, 5:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I’ll put it this way… at one point one of my old guildies linked this to me as penance for my grievous oversight during the Shade of Aran fight.

The Shade of Aran Chant
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#138 - Sept. 11, 2012, 6:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Back in BC, when my raiding guild was getting the group together for a Gruul/Mag night, I was wandering around the Isle of Quel'danas, attempting to do my dailies. I was complaining in vent that they were totally bugged, when the raid leader whispered me in-game and reminded me that I was already in the raid group...

We were all noobs once, and we've all made really bone-headed mistakes.

Oh man, on more than one occasion I’ve definitely endeavored to pursue dailies while inside a raid group. Most-recently, I was attempting to work on the Molten Front dailies on one of my alts and was really confused why the drop-rates seemed so poor all of a sudden. I worried that I might need to submit a bug report so that someone could look into the issue.

Then one of my friends, who had been in vent listening to me vet my confusion, said something along the lines of “I know it’s really late, but you’re absolutely sure you’re not in the raid group from earlier, right?”

Oops. >_>