Death Knight Creation FAQ

#0 - Oct. 6, 2008, 3:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q. What races can be a death knight?
A. Every race has the availability of being a death knight.

Q. Who is eligible to create a death knight?
A. Players who have at least one level 55 character on a realm may create a death knight on any realm, unless it is a fresh realm in which the transfer restrictions still apply. For such realms it is required to wait until the restriction is lifted, or to have a level 55 character or higher on the realm itself.

Q. Can I create a death knight on one realm and transfer it to another realm?
A. Yes, you will be able to transfer a death knight, using either a free character move or a paid character transfer, providing the death knight is level 60 or above. Normal fees still apply.

Q. Can I create a death knight on one account and transfer it to a new account?
A. Death knights can be transferred with the same fees and restrictions as any other character.

Q. Can I create a death knight on the opposite faction?
A. You will be able to create a death knight on the opposite faction provided that it is on a PvE realm. The standard restrictions for character creation apply for PvP realms.

Q. Is there a limit on how many death knights I can create?
A. You will only be able to have one death knight per realm at any one time. Should you delete a death knight, you will still be able to create a new one.
#137 - Nov. 18, 2008, 4:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Q. Can I create a death knight on one realm and transfer it to another realm?
A. Yes, you will be able to transfer a death knight, using either a free character move or a paid character transfer. Normal fees still apply.

Q. Can I create a death knight on one account and transfer it to a new account?
A. Death knights can be transferred with the same fees and restrictions as any other character.
Please note that, for the moment, transferring a death knight to another realm or account if you do not already have a level 55+ character on it is no longer possible.