Total achievement points mismatch?

#1 - Aug. 30, 2012, 2:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi
if I look up my character via my guild feed, via the API (http://us.battle.net/api/wow/guild/caelestrasz/alliance%20united?fields=members) I get:
"achievementPoints":7665

If I log on to the wow armoury web page (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/caelestrasz/shadorn/advanced) I get:

This is only an example and is the case for a number of members of my guild (I've not gone through the data to see which are right, if any).

Is this something I am missing? Or is this a kink that is being sorted out as part of the revamp?

BTW, loving some of the enhancements you've made to the API.
Forum Avatar
Battle.net Developer
#2 - Aug. 31, 2012, 2:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
On the armory page (and your individual API profile link) we get all of your data from your profile. On the guild roster page (and for most character tooltips on the site) we heavily cache some data.

I will look into these caches over the next few weeks. There might be a bug preventing them from being updated as often as we'd like.
Forum Avatar
Battle.net Developer
#5 - Aug. 31, 2012, 5:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/31/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Canbie
Also not sure if I should make a new thread or not but my mounts count is off as well. On the achievement screen and the actual mounts I have. (I think it's 1 off but I'm not at home to verify right now)

This was mentioned in the MoP Changes thread but I'll add it to the known issues list. Pet and Mount data is not going to be accurate until this data is available on the site as well. We need to switch over to the new account-wide data. This will be happening ASAP.
Forum Avatar
Battle.net Developer
#7 - Aug. 31, 2012, 11:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm having a problem with total quests. I have the achieve for 2k quests, and have had it for over a year. Under the summary tab, it says I've completed 2788. Under the seeker tracker, it says I've done 1815.

I'm pretty sure faction changing a million times has broken it.

And yeah, it's not my WTF folder.

If you're asking about something you're seeing in the game you need to post in the "Bug Reports" forum. If this is a question about the API can you post the link to the resource where you're seeing the problem?
Forum Avatar
Battle.net Developer
#8 - Aug. 31, 2012, 11:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It does look like the achievement point totals are updating (slowly, for example Shadorn's look correct in all places now). I will keep my eye on it, but that problem might have just been site traffic and caches kicking in.