Applying for a license

#1 - Aug. 24, 2012, 3:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi!

According to the API Usage Policy:

License for Use

Applications that use Blizzard Entertainment intellectual property, such as Blizzard Web API resources, require a license for that use. Blizzard Entertainment may at its sole discretion request that any application that uses its intellectual property be removed and no longer distributed.

Where can I apply to get a license? Is there a way I can get my app reviewed to make sure I'm adhering to Blizzard's policies?

Thanks in advance!
Forum Avatar
Battle.net Developer
#2 - Aug. 30, 2012, 5:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi!

According to the API Usage Policy:

License for Use

Applications that use Blizzard Entertainment intellectual property, such as Blizzard Web API resources, require a license for that use. Blizzard Entertainment may at its sole discretion request that any application that uses its intellectual property be removed and no longer distributed.

Where can I apply to get a license? Is there a way I can get my app reviewed to make sure I'm adhering to Blizzard's policies?

Thanks in advance!

I think I answered you via email as well, but just in case others had the same question: You'd need to send more information about your app to api-support@blizzard.com in order to get a more detailed response as to whether it's adhering to our policies.

However you don't need to apply for a license, you're free to use the API. That policy is in place to make it clear that we can revoke access if we need to.

Have fun :)