In order to remove World of Warcraft safely from your system, you will need to:
1. Go to your Mac HD/Applications folder and move your World of Warcraft to the Trash
2. Go to your Mac HD/Users/Shared folder and move the Blizzard folder to the Trash
3. Go to your Mac HD/Users/your account/Library/Preferences and delete any files associated with WOW:
(You might not have all of these files.)
- Com.blizzard.World of Warcraft.prefs
- com.blizzard.World of Warcraft.survey.prefs
4. Empty Trash
5. Install WoW from https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/
or you can log into us.battle.net and go to Manage Games>Download Game Client>Full Install (Mac).
This will start the new patching agent. This has the ability to play after Phase 1 is complete in the download process while it still patches. It has also eliminated a lot of issues and errors that the old patching system had. Just be aware that if you do start playing in Phase 2, there is a high chance of graphic issues, low FPS & high latency. Now they will go away after it is patched all the way, but at least you can play while it is patching rather than waiting until it is 100% complete.