Patch 5.0.4 and Theramore

#1 - Aug. 24, 2012, 2:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
"The first two Scenarios (one for Horde and one for Alliance) are coming with 5.0.4, but they won’t be enabled until a few weeks before the Mists of Pandaria expansion release. Keep an eye on the front page of this blog for more info."

Quoted from: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7045643

So basically, all you're implementing on Tuesday is the pre-patch changes, but not the pre-patch world event? No offense, but WTH? I do not understand why you would do this. We're a month out of the expansion - and that "other MMO" is coming out on Tuesday...which = lots of new and different things to do (because it's a diff game, but whatevs) and you decide you're going to drop the pre-patch on the same day (no surprise there), but you then decide to not give us even a small scrap of something NEW to do?? Because, I'm sorry, but changing the way my class plays is something I don't REALLY refigure out until I'm leveling; not during pre-patch. FYI - 8/28 IS a few weeks before the expansion as the word "few" means 3-5. Just sayin.

/rant

Am I the only one that noticed?

edited for: elongation of my rant.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Aug. 24, 2012, 2:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
"The first two Scenarios (one for Horde and one for Alliance) are coming with 5.0.4, but they won’t be enabled until a few weeks before the Mists of Pandaria expansion release. Keep an eye on the front page of this blog for more info."

Quoted from: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7045643

So basically, all you're implementing on Tuesday is the pre-patch changes, but not the pre-patch world event? No offense, but WTH? I do not understand why you would do this. We're a month out of the expansion - and that "other MMO" is coming out on Tuesday...which = lots of new and different things to do (because it's a diff game, but whatevs) and you decide you're going to drop the pre-patch on the same day (no surprise there), but you then decide to not give us even a small scrap of something NEW to do?? Because, I'm sorry, but changing the way my class plays is something I don't REALLY refigure out until I'm leveling; not during pre-patch. FYI - 8/28 IS a few weeks before the expansion as the word "few" means 3-5. Just sayin.

/rant

Am I the only one that noticed?

edited for: elongation of my rant.

We'll be providing the specific timing along with some additional information about this prior to it going live within the game. This "world event" is both a world event and not a world event. It won't be "going away" at the launch of Mists of Pandaria the same way previous events have come and gone. It's a scenario, not just a one time event.

While you may not feel there will be much for you to do prior to the release of Mists of Pandaria, I've heard many others who are looking forward to spending time learning about their class changes and trying them out in the live environment before the expansion launch. I'm sure there are other things people are still working on getting finished up before the release as well.

While you may feel disappointed at the moment, our hope is that it is very short lived. Much like how this year has flown by, I have no doubt that the launch of the expansion will be upon us before we know it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#78 - Aug. 24, 2012, 4:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The key here as always is that we want to see constructive feedback and discussion. Harassing other posters in any form is not constructive or productive to discussions.

I'd suggest everyone pull it back just a little bit from attacking each other for opinions. It's OK to have them. We don't mind, so long as you share them in an appropriate way.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#95 - Aug. 24, 2012, 5:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/24/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Nidiana
the OP eloquently wrote up a post calmly spelling out his/her displeasure with the delay of the Theramore event.

I appreciate this. Although I have to say - I was pretty hot under the collar when I wrote it (although I tried to keep the post civil) which is why I posted the "/rant" in the original post.

Also, sorry Neth. I'll try to tone it down. :-(

I always (as do we all) appreciate passion. We understand it all too well and know that if you didn't care, you wouldn't be here at all sharing your thoughts and ideas with us.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#150 - Aug. 24, 2012, 9:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've seen this question on the forums and Twitter a few times, so I just want to chime in and clarify...

08/24/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Dolraan
As a role-player setting up events based around the battle for Theramore, I would like to know if Theramore in the game world will be destroyed when the patch hits, or if it will remain intact until the scenario is released. If anyone knows, I'd love to find out!

Similar to the way Molten Front works, the destruction of Theramore will be phased. So the city will remain in-tact when patch 5.0.4 is released. Once the scenario is unlocked you'll play through it and, upon receiving the achievement, you'll see the aftermath of the attack whenever visiting Theramore.

You'll also be able to repeat the scenario if you wish by speaking to a member of the bronze dragonflight.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#175 - Aug. 24, 2012, 9:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've seen this question on the forums and Twitter a few times, so I just want to chime in and clarify...

Similar to the way Molten Front works, the destruction of Theramore will be phased. So the city will remain in-tact when patch 5.0.4 is released. Once the scenario is unlocked you'll play through it and, upon receiving the achievement, you'll see the aftermath of the attack whenever visiting Theramore.

You'll also be able to repeat the scenario if you wish by speaking to a member of the bronze dragonflight.

So is there anything new other than infrastructural nonsense being added?

Nonsense? :(

Hundreds of hours of hard work from teams of incredibly talented employees, my friend!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#183 - Aug. 24, 2012, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/24/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Hippeaux

Does this mean everyone who was sad about seeing it destroyed can choose to live in a world where it isn't destroyed?

No, the destruction will eventually be permanent whether or not a player earns the achievement for completing the scenario. This will likely take place in patch 5.1.

I like the basic idea of Theramore being updated in the "outdoor" world. I'd rather not my immersion be shattered whenever I happen to pass through Dustwallow Marsh.

However I am somewhat concerned about how this will effect the Alliance questlines in Dustwallow. Not a big deal for me because I already have Loremaster on a different character. But for those without, it would be kind of difficult for them to complete the quest achievement for the zone when most of the Alliance questgivers have a mild case of being dead.

Oh, and I presume the Mage teleportation spells will continue to work as is, with the player simply appearing in the Theramore ruins?

We've updated the zone to incorporate the changes that'll take place to Theramore. You'll still be able to quest through the zone once it's permanently changed in 5.1.