Bring Back 2v2 Gladiator!

#1 - Aug. 6, 2012, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
......I miss those old times when you played 2v2 "for real" insteed of just capping points.
Forum Avatar
Community
#65 - Aug. 24, 2012, 11:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I too miss the old days; 2v2 is still my favourite bracket to play in, I really enjoy the more relaxed, less “messy” environment of 2v2’s and the easiness and convenience of scheduling matches with a single friend at a time, I also feel more in control of the game and of everything that is happening at any moment and I really enjoyed the fact that I could focus only on 2v2 and still be able to get the same rewards as 3v3 or 5v5 (weapons and title).

But the fact remains that we just can’t compare 2v2 with 3v3 or 5v5, while I enjoyed being able to get the same level of rewards, I understand that it wasn’t exactly fair, 2v2 is more prone to class imbalance issues and we would risk going back to some specific classes having a much easier way to get the 2.2k rewards, while other classes would possibly struggle with it, unfortunately, due to the complex nature of the game, it’s very hard if not impossible to create a perfect world where duels, 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 are all under a perfect level of balance, if we could actually apply a perfect level of balance and tuning to one of the brackets, chances are, the other two would probably suffer a bit from it, and this is a lot more noticeable in 2v2 because of the tendency that some classes seem to have for being highly synergetic.
So, something that is perfectly balanced for 2v2, probably won’t be for 3v3 or 5v5 and vice-versa.

Apart from the balance issue we also believe that the extra coordination and strategy that 3v3 and 5v5 requires, warrants attributing those special rewards only to those brackets.

I still play 2v2 and will continue to do so, it gives me access to most of the PvP gear anyway, and if I really want those weapons I’ll take on the challenge and jump into 3v3 or 5v5.