transmog - is there hope in MoP?

#1 - Aug. 22, 2012, 5:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The best expansion for transmog gear is burning crusade. So much cool stuff, almost all of my transmogs have BC gear in them.
After all, why are BC raids like BT and Sunwell so popular to do now for transmog? Because there was such good looking stuff.
In BC, not only was raiding gear cool, but you even got cool quest reward gear for transmog.
BC was the expansion of unique iconic looking gear.
Whenever I search for transmog gear on the AH, I filter levels 20-69. No point looking at gear any higher level.

Then came WoLTK and the fun ended.....the expansion of reskinned brown, brown and brown gear. Where leveling/quest gear all looked the same and was reskinned over and over again in different shades of brown. The only gear that looked good in WoTLK was the raid gear and the point reward sets, everything else, ugly. I dont even have a single transmog set using WOTLK regular gear and there is no interest in going back and doing transmog runs of WoLTK dungeons.

Then came Cata....same thing. see above. reskinned same looking bland gear.
Now comes MoP....I checked out the pics for the blue sets -
http://www.wowhead.com/news=205366/mists-of-pandaria-justice-point-rewards-news-round-up#reputation-plate
nothing at all inspires me to transmog it, mail and cloth too asian themed for my liking, plate just bland.

So is there any hope for cool looking transmog gear in MoP?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#8 - Aug. 22, 2012, 5:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The best expansion for transmog gear is burning crusade. So much cool stuff, almost all of my transmogs have BC gear in them.
After all, why are BC raids like BT and Sunwell so popular to do now for transmog? Because there was such good looking stuff.
In BC, not only was raiding gear cool, but you even got cool quest reward gear for transmog.
BC was the expansion of unique iconic looking gear.
Whenever I search for transmog gear on the AH, I filter levels 20-69. No point looking at gear any higher level.

Then came WoLTK and the fun ended.....the expansion of reskinned brown, brown and brown gear. Where leveling/quest gear all looked the same and was reskinned over and over again in different shades of brown. The only gear that looked good in WoTLK was the raid gear and the point reward sets, everything else, ugly. I dont even have a single transmog set using WOTLK regular gear and there is no interest in going back and doing transmog runs of WoLTK dungeons.

Then came Cata....same thing. see above. reskinned same looking bland gear.
Now comes MoP....I checked out the pics for the blue sets -
http://www.wowhead.com/news=205366/mists-of-pandaria-justice-point-rewards-news-round-up#reputation-plate
nothing at all inspires me to transmog it, mail and cloth too asian themed for my liking, plate just bland.

So is there any hope for cool looking transmog gear in MoP?

I think you'll find lots of great items in Mists of Pandaria to transmog. The Challenge Mode gear is designed specifically for this in fact. (Wait until you see them in action. Talk about some hot gear.)

I think like anything, it's subjective. If the new gear isn't to your taste, you're not going to find much to transmog. That's the beauty of the system though, you can transmog things from Burning Crusade or Wrath of the Lich King etc, if that's more to your taste. You're not locked in to only finding things in Mists of Pandaria to transmog.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#34 - Aug. 22, 2012, 6:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/22/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Amali
The Challenge Mode gear is designed specifically for this in fact.

I just don't like that.
Why can't it have stats?
I like the look of it and would use it w/o t-mogging it.

We want these to be prestige items that you can show off without them giving you power. The power stats will come from Raiding etc. These will be that extra 'oomph' to show others your accomplishment in taking things to the "next level" so to speak.