PvP Mounts

#1 - Aug. 22, 2012, 3:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
TL;DR at bottom

I will probably get a forum ban for this, but at this point I don't care. As some may recall, I created two threads on mounts, part 1 until it got capped, and part 2 to continue on from the capped thread, as shown here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5978118076?page=1
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6293819957?page=1

As you'll see in part one, we did in fact have a blue respond to us. I will quote that Blue here:
07/13/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Nethaera
*Just a quick amendment, I'm reading through the thread and we'll be sure to pass on feedback. I'm not just tossing in an off the cuff statement then running away. ;)

So that blue specifically said they weren't going to run away from the thread, and to continue on with our feedback. So what did we do? We continued on as he/she suggested. But what happened? He did, in fact, abandon our thread. A thread with LOADS and LOADS of feedback against their decision towards PvP mounts. Did some people post who did agree with Blizz? Sure, but the majority of these two threads are players AGAINST their decision.

In total there are 87 pages, a little over 1.7k responses. Plenty of feedback in both threads. Am I demanding they make the change? Hell I'd love it but what I am pissed about is the fact that they said they wouldn't abandon the thread, and they did. I'm pissed that despite how many pages of feed back there is, we don't even get a "No", a "Maybe", or "We're not discussing/discussing it" with others.

You swept our thread under the rug and just pretend it's not there until it goes away. !@#$ed up on your part honestly. As someone said in part 2:
08/17/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Best
Blues reply to "when did you start" "Panda Monks OP 2v1" threads but can't come back here and say anything.

It's true. Yeah we get you don't care to put much focus in PvP but the least you can do is one simple thing for this part of your player base. Blizzard used to be my favorite company, great people who respond fast, but not anymore with how I see them acting.

To those of you who may say "Umad?".. Yes I'm pissed off.
"You should quit/going to quit?".. Maybe, maybe not. But PvPers will never have the complete freedom to change from one class to another when the guild/situation calls for it.

So yes, plain and simple, I'm super pissed and Blizz, you've disappointed a lot of players. All I have to say is at this point you all suck a lot, as immature as that sounds but I know no other way to put it. Sorry to come off as ranting/a %^-*!, but what do you expect after what you did? Learn to respond to your playerbase, not ignore them.

And if you can respond to this thread, even if it's just saying "Locked", then you can respond to the other thread as well. I even linked it for you to make it VERY simple for you.

A picture says a thousand words, here's a picture that can sum up this whole post.

TL;DR:
http://i45.tinypic.com/n1c4ye.jpg
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#19 - Aug. 22, 2012, 3:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I don't mind being called out on this. I didn't abandon anything, but I did get caught up in other tasks and didn't get back to you all like I had intended. I apologize for that. It wasn't my intention at all. (Yes, I'm a community manager, not a developer (and a she just for clarity's sake).)

I've been working behind the scenes a lot lately with the team to get more information out to everyone on a variety of things as well as getting ready for the Mists of Pandaria launch, but I don't intend that to be an excuse.

A few things just to be clear on the PvP mounts and what I know.

There was a period of time in the beta in which some PvP mounts were erroneously showing that they couldn't be given/used on other characters. This was a bug that should have been corrected. That bug did not apply to the Gladiator Mount or the Rated Battleground Mount.

The decision on the Gladiator Mount or Rated Battleground Mounts hasn't changed. The developers still want these to be character specific as they apply to that particular class and season.

While I didn't respond again, I definitely did carry the feedback to the team. Other PvP mounts you get outside of those should be account-wide as it was originally intended to work that way within the beta.

That all said, I have no doubt that the developers will continue to assess whether or not this is something they want to change in the future, but this is how it's working for now.

I do appreciate everyone that took their time to share their feedback whether it was in those threads, twitter, or even via email (yes I got some.)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#27 - Aug. 22, 2012, 4:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just of note, if there are particular mounts (beyond the Gladiator and Rated Battleground mount) that you're concerned about, feel free to post and let us know. We can always look into them to make sure everything is working "as intended".

I know it wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but it's what I have for you at this time. We always reserve the right to change our minds though, so while the answer today is "no" on those mounts, you never know what could happen in the future.

Believe it or not, we have a lot of people here who love PvP as well (I'm one of them), so while we may not always agree on what that means, please do know we do in fact care about it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#101 - Aug. 23, 2012, 12:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I expanded the thread capacity a bit just in case it was needed by those that wanted to continue the discussion. It should (hopefully) take a bit to cap out again. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#107 - Aug. 23, 2012, 12:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/22/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Garsid
(and a she just for clarity's sake).)

Great, now I have to rewrite all my community manager fanfics.

I don't know how to respond to this. Should I be worried?