Will Blizzard Do Anything About TCG Mount Dupes?

#1 - Aug. 22, 2012, 10:49 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yo,

I live on a server with a quite big market/population so generally you can find everything you desire on the AH. You could sometimes even find the TCG items like Swift Spectrals or the Magic Rooster, Rocket etc. The value of these items was really high, sometimes as high as 700-800k for a Swift Spectral or half a million for the rest.

In the recent months I started to notice more and more Spectrals around (these are the most visible due to their looks). Now they are being traded for as low as 200-300k gold which really isn't that much anymore. Their price dropping alone wouldn't be a problem.

As far as I know, Spectrals (like all other TCG items) are/were limited. They were part of the Fires of Outland deck which is mostly, if not entirely sold out and has been sold out for quite some time due to people mass buying it for the Spectrals. The only possible way to still get more than the ones which are originally left (which I guess is a really low number due to them being like 5 years old now) is the random TCG box thing.

I am one of those people who got the Spectral when the Fires of Outland deck came out (back than the model wasn't even complete and looked pretty bad ^^). Even on a big server you could rarely see a few running around. Now I walk into Orgrimmar and they are becoming as common as the Celestial Steed when it hit the shops, you see them literally everywhere.

This brings me to my point. If Spectrals were so scarce how are suddenly so many of them? Did someone open a lot of cards all of a sudden? No... they are 99.999% sure being duped (duplicated) by gold sellers like how they did with the sand for Vial of the Sands. This is wrong and I wonder if anything is planned to address this and if all duped TCG mounts are to be removed. I'm not saying this because I felt like a "special snowflake" back than and now I don't (I have mounts to swap around). The whole duping destroys the economy, makes these TCG items lose the uniqueness and worth and it's simply against the game rules. Also if this problem is here now than I guess in MoP you can expect these hackers to dupe the expensive JC mounts, the yaks or basically anything.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#16 - Aug. 22, 2012, 12:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
(Locked) Duped mounts.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3553597241#5
It's our policy not to comment on potential exploits, so there's really very little that I can say. We do have our own ways of dealing with cheating in all it's forms, but your reports are welcomed and encouraged as they often give us extra helpful clues. :)

(Locked) Duping allowed now?
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3636173931?page=1#16
Speculation gets you nowhere.

The important thing is that we are in the process of addressing the situation and we are very grateful for your reports in the meantime.

Discussing the matter any further will probably do more harm than good so I'm going to lock this thread now.

These threads, although a few months old, do cover our policy regarding duped items. It is an issue we actively investigate but if you have information on player that you suspect of being responsible for the duping you can email hacks@blizzard.com and it will be looked into.