WoW Summer Challenge Aug. 21-28: Sunwell

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Aug. 21, 2012, 5:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Every week this summer, we’re challenging you to get together with a few friends to explore a part of Azeroth that you may not have seen in a while, or perform a feat that you may have never done. We’re calling them World of Warcraft Summer Challenges, and we’re going to be playing along with you as we hunt down rare achievements, get screenshots of amazing bosses, and try to find some rare gear for our transmogrification sets.

This week's challenge: The Sunwell

In this thread, we're talking about this week's challenge, posting stories about experiences completing it, and linking to screenshots.

Furthermore, if you've thought of something awesome to do while exploring The Sunwell (that we didn't include in the blog post), this is the place to say so!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#25 - Aug. 21, 2012, 5:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I know Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury kinda takes all the fame here, but Golden Bow of Quel'Thalas is still a pretty bow and well worth getting for transmog. It would be a sin not to include it on the desirable items list.

Thanks for the reminder! I've added it to the list in the blog post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6975098
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#26 - Aug. 21, 2012, 5:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/21/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Beáutiful
Done it on my priest every week now and BT and I've seen the glaives drop from BT around 4 times now and seen the legendary bow from Sunwell drop twice :) What is the drop chance for these legendaries?

Wowhead has the bow dropping about 7% of the time: http://www.wowhead.com/item=34334
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#38 - Aug. 22, 2012, 10:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/21/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Imoen
BTW who voices Aveena? She sounds familiar.

Heather Hogan.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#43 - Aug. 24, 2012, 5:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Soloing sunwell is pretty fun (granted you have to sneak around the first boss). Brutallus is an incredibly challenging boss to do by yourself.

I'll have to hit that place up this week.

I think it's best to go in with as many friends as possible. It's more fun, and there's a better chance that the drops you don't want will be wanted by someone you can celebrate.