The direction of Boomies.

#1 - Aug. 14, 2012, 11:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I would like to know the direction blizzard has in mind for boomkins.

So far the changes seem pretty well thought out. I love the addition of dps cooldowns, but I'm not really a fan of the DoC mechanic of having to incorporate a heal into our rotation.

I also have a few questions.

1. Why wasn't DoC nerfed before the nerfs to all of our abilities. The experts were 100% positive that DoC was the reason behind our enormous 141k sim.

Wouldn't nerfing DoC and testing that out to see how we stack up have been a better solution? I appreciate your feedback on this if you get the chance GC.

2. Are there plans to incorporate the set bonus (adding 4 sec to DoTs to get them to 18s) in every tier or will there be a change from 14s back to around 18s before release?

3. I've read that the math is showing a decline from 141k (too high) to under 100k (seems a bit low.. mages are avg 115k-123k). If this is true, is there a plan to bring boomie back into contention before release. I love my raid spot and would hate to lose it due to pure numbers and not skill.

4. Boomkin single target dps was not up to par for DS, will this be the same story with single target being our bane and multi target being our niche.

Again if this gets looked at I appreciate it dearly.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#3 - Aug. 15, 2012, 1:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There were two problems. Balance druid DPS was high, not even considering DoC. Second, DoC was too much of a DPS increase. Some players attached themselves to the story that DoC caused them to get nerfed, but that wasn't what happened.

We changed the set bonus to 2 seconds. That means 14 sec without the set bonus and 16 sec with the set bonus. We won't keep offering that set every tier.

You should not be 20K DPS behind mages. We also aren't seeing that.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#20 - Aug. 15, 2012, 1:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Before DoC was nerfed, it was the clear choice for that talent "tier". With the current dmg set at 50%, will this bering it down enough to where it won't be the obvious choice over NV.

With the current data, we believe all 3 talents are pretty close. Heart of the Wild is slightly high compared to the others since you can't control the timing. You can use a cooldown exactly when you need it, which means overall it's probably going to let you tune damage better. That's why we left Heart of the Wild a little high.

If you think they aren't the same though, please let us know.