Need Help Exporting Achievements

#1 - Aug. 6, 2012, 4:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey, I posted this on another forum and was told by an MVP that I might get an answer here. I haven't programmed in ten years so I was wondering if someone knew of a simple one shot answer that can help me. Thanks in advance.

I am quitting WoW upon release of MoP. I’ve been an achievement wh*re, garnering 93% of the achievements, or 1317/1402. When Cataclysm launched I started a spreadsheet to plan out my achievement acquisition (506 and counting) and tracked new ones that were released. Which leads to my question….

Is there is a way, either through the game, or through Battle.net or Wowhead, that I can export all the information from the achievement pane into an .xls or .cvs file, so that I can get the information for achievements I obtained preCata. At the very least I need Category, Sub-Category, Achievement Name, & Completed Time/Date. I’d like to keep this as a memento.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#5 - Aug. 10, 2012, 11:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/08/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Iollan
Sorry in the delay of response. Thanks so much for doing this, its exactly what I needed. I love the graphical representation that the site gives and was just thinking the other day that I wish I could see a calendar view of my achievements. So this is a great resource for me, shame I didn't stumble upon it sooner.

To be clear, we don't support or endorse the use of proxy services such as this to retrieve data that is otherwise available through the official WoW web APIs.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#7 - Aug. 10, 2012, 3:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's not a proxy service, the code is 100% client-side and uses the WoW web APIs. It's one HTML page with the functional javascript embedded within it. View the source before shooting it down.

Replies like this make me question why I support Blizzard and WoW with software projects. I help make your customers happy, help to fill in the gaps where you don't have the time or intention to fill, and get grumpy blue text in return. You're welcome.

Any time someone says "hey, go get that data here" where "here" isn't our own APIs, we have to make it clear that the data may be different than the source (our APIs). Don't take it personally.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#9 - Aug. 10, 2012, 3:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/10/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Feldir
I feel bad for blues. Always getting rained on for doing their job :(

Oh don't feel bad for us. We have awesome jobs. And, all things considered and relative, Mr ujournal is polite, respectful and seems to have (mostly) good intentions here.