Adding characters through API returns errors

#1 - Aug. 3, 2012, 5:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings,

We use the API key for OpenRaid.us. However, since the past week, we have noticed a problem with it.

During 00:00 & 04:00 CEST+1 (Central European Summer Time + 1), US people can't seem to add their characters at this time, with intervals that it sometimes is possible. It returns that the server and the character can't be found. If we don't touch it, it works sometimes and works smoothly after 04:00 CEST+1 again.

If I force a resync of it, it works again, but only for a short period of time.

Any thoughts about this? The EU one works perfectly fine the whole time.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#26 - Aug. 10, 2012, 11:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To openraid, we did receive your email and we have taken appropriate action. As I'm sure you are all well aware of by now, it has been a really busy week and we have been keeping deploys and production changes to a minimum.

To everyone else, although I'm really glad to see everyone excited about sites like openraid, this isn't the place to discus them or their application limits. They have contacted us through the official channels and it is between openraid and Blizzard to figure out why they are hitting their application limit (which is already really high). If you want to discuss openraid or talk about how it impacts you as a player, do it on their forum.