#1 - 2012/08/07 04:13:00 AMEU D3 doesn't have website feedback forum so there is no better option than to post here.
Hoping this post won't be ignored.
The issue with D3 profiles is that hero profile attributes include in-game buffs.
What does it mean?
Assume that we wan't to find out Armor value:
- we don't know if the profile's armor value includes all the buffs, because we don't know which buffs were active in-game when last logout has happened (yes, it might happen when no buffs are active, or all buffs are active, or just a part of the buffs are active - we cannot guess)
- we cannot use Gear Bonuses because it doesn't include item's White Armor
So the only way to find out actual armor is to scan all the items and do the calculation.
And here is another problem, we have to scan hero's items one-by-one which is:
- burns our API request budget
- takes longer time
And it is not only Armor, basically most of the attributes are meaningless.
I see two possible solutions:
1. Turn off buffs in profiles.
2. Include detailed items info into the profiles.
Is it possible?
I remember WoW Armory had the same issue long time ago.