Help
Regional FlagThank you for the outdoor raid bossesSource
Bullfour
Target Source
#0 - 2010/10/26 01:35:02 PM
No, I'm not being sarcastic. I am genuinely happy that they have been brought back in Cataclysm since they really do play a part in developing a server's community, especially when there is more than one guild that's capable of putting out enough people to down them. And going by the health of the current ones, they seem to be balanced towards a 10-man raid which means a lot of people will be able to actually have a shot at getting them. Here's to some competition and some good-natured trash-talking between guilds come Cataclysm. \o/

Blue Poster
Target Source
#7 - 2010/10/26 04:44:39 PM
Q u o t e:
No, I'm not being sarcastic. I am genuinely happy that they have been brought back in Cataclysm since they really do play a part in developing a server's community, especially when there is more than one guild that's capable of putting out enough people to down them. And going by the health of the current ones, they seem to be balanced towards a 10-man raid which means a lot of people will be able to actually have a shot at getting them. Here's to some competition and some good-natured trash-talking between guilds come Cataclysm. \o/

There are a COUPLE of these bosses in Cataclysm, but they're not true outdoor raid bosses. They're just much harder group bosses that drop heroic dungeon level items and specialty items. Have fun!

Blue Poster
Target Source
#9 - 2010/10/26 04:53:31 PM
Q u o t e:

Specialty items = mini-Garr companion pet? And will they help us bring back Turalyon and the Windrunner sisters.....in Stromgarde....with Atiesh....two years ago?!

I can't reveal much more, but yes. Absolutely.

Blue Poster
Target Source
#11 - 2010/10/26 05:11:01 PM
Q u o t e:
I have to agree with most people in this thread, outdoor raid bosses are terrible in just so many ways. Out of all the people that apparently misses them I'm kinda wondering how many of you actually did these bosses, or how many times. They were kinda amusing for the first couple of minutes, but you quickly learned to despise them. There is no doubt that several of these were kinda cool, but they were just not fun to raid in any way. The entire thing needs some huge huge changes before they ever get re-implanted, and honestly I'd prefer if Blizzard put their development hours on better things.

And if you ever put an earth-quaking outdoor boss right outside a raid instance entrance again I'll throw my computer out the window.

We agree with you, which is why these aren't outdoor raid bosses. A good STRONG 5 player group should be able to handle these bosses, but you certainly have the option to make a raid and give it a shot as well. Good luck.