Blizzards lack of concern over hacks

#1 - March 31, 2012, 11:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Its amazing the way Blizzard does things, when I report someone I think is a hacked toon easy to spot lvl 80 , maxxed mining in the last day ( looked up on Armory ) and they stop it, ( I add to friends list toons I report ) , I get a reply with a "Survey " to fill out , which I usually say how good of a job they are doing, etc..

Today I login and have a mailbox form reply and the Hacked toons I reported 2 days ago are still going strong in Uldum mining their hearts out and both are lvl 83 now.

It has me wondering how many of these hacked accounts the " Customer Support " people are helping ruin the economy of the game with by looking the other way. I mean come on hire or recruit some people that are more interested in stopping this then sitting around drinking coffee and mailing people form replies as they watch Youtube videos.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#48 - April 1, 2012, 9:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I believe that this is a very important issue we've seen emerge again recently (with the bots in Uldum), so it's understandable there will be voices who want to resurrect this conversation and contribute where they can. Rather than locking this thread, I'd like to give some advice I hope you will all consider.

We encourage players to post their opinions, suggestions, and feedback and ask simply that those comments are constructive and considerate. Keep in mind that when contributing to such a heated and long-standing discussion as this one, everyone is already caked in dirt and further mud-slinging isn't necessary.

I can assure you that all exploitation reports are taken seriously and investigated thoroughly by a member of the Support staff. The results of these investigations are intentionally private; your account is your business only, and other players are entitled to the same treatment. Do not mistake this attention to privacy for lack of concern or action. Without internal knowledge of the policies and processes by which investigations are conducted, deductions into the measures taken are purely speculative.

We value the ideas and suggestions you have for how we can improve our game and our service, but again, let's keep it civil. Likewise, if you feel that you have not received the service you were entitled to, we want to hear about it; we will always do what we can to assist in resolving a concern. :)