Complaint Department.

#1 - July 25, 2012, 9:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Where are they? I need to have a sit down talk with them.

When a group wipes 3 times on a heroic 5man boss that they have no hope of killing. Why would the dungeon system, after I leave the group, place me back into said group of failures?

Then the batter on the deep fried chicken is, after I leave the SAME GROUP I get a debuff. Why, what sense does this make? There has to be a way the system labels groups to know who to give a that version of the instance to. Why can't you guys tell development to have that group flagged for no groupy groupy if someone leaves said group.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#5 - July 25, 2012, 9:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/25/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Discaprin
When a group wipes 3 times on a heroic 5man boss that they have no hope of killing. Why would the dungeon system, after I leave the group, place me back into said group of failures?

As mentioned, the system has no idea why you may have left the group. It looks at your request to join, and places you into an available group.

07/25/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Discaprin
There has to be a way the system labels groups to know who to give a that version of the instance to. Why can't you guys tell development to have that group flagged for no groupy groupy if someone leaves said group.

That may be entirely possible, though simply placing one or all of the members of that group on ignore will prevent you from being placed with them.

While our Developers appreciate any feedback you may have regarding the game it is important that these posts be not only constructive but also in the correct location. Development and our Community Managers do not read the CS forum normally and we do not serve as liaisons with them.

If you would like your feedback seen by the appropriate parties, please post in the forum that is best associated with your subject. For example if you have feedback on a specific class, post within that classes forum. For feedback that does not fit within a specific forum the General Discussion forum is best.

Make certain that your feedback is constructive, if you do not like something make sure you have a "why", how do you think it should work? Make sure your post is easy to read and understand. Proper paragraphs and grammar help a great deal, keep your points clear and concise and try to avoid drifting into exaggerations.

While our Developers and Community Managers are not usually able to respond directly to such threads they are read and again, very much appreciated. Player feedback is always considered, even if it may not always be applied.