PVP and harassment

#1 - July 18, 2012, 7:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey guys I just wanted to write to see if I could clarify some of the rules in regards to harassment. I am on a small server and you tend to recognize other players and especially those from the other side. I am curious to know if any of the world pvp that I engage in could potentially violate any of the rules. Their are certain players if I know where they are I will go to that zone to hunt them then squat on their graves. Sometimes it is just me sometimes I have a hunting party set up. To be honest it brings a whole new dynamic to the game and feels a lot like the Matrix at times. I have friends who when they are gathering if they see the certain people will whisper me to give me a heads up. One person in particular I hunt quiet a lot. I have friends in his alliance guild. But I have never asked them to log on to their char to find him or anything like that. Is there any potential problems I could get into with this kind of PVP?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#29 - July 18, 2012, 9:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/18/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Jåy
Not really sure why they lifted that....

I believe it was necessary due to the implementation of the much requests Faction Change character service. :)

Jesu, there are a myriad of words and phrases you may use to express yourself, please do not select those that are inappropriate for these forums.

As previously pointed out, what you are describing does not appear to be in violation of our policies. There may be other factors to consider, such as the length of time a particular person is camped, but outside of extreme cases, our In-Game Support staff will not intervene.

More on the policies specific to PvP can be found in the following Support Article.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/player-vs-player-server-policy
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#55 - July 19, 2012, 3:47 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/18/2012 03:47 PMPosted by Jesu
My bad for some of my phrasing. I just tend to get frustrated when people either miss the point of question, do not read what I say and then attack a straw man, or simply tell me how they feel. The last one is just a misguided attempt to express what they'd do. The other two are just ignorance.

In either case, that is part of what the forums are here for. It is a place for discussion amongst those who play the game.

07/18/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Jesu
90% people adding comments here was not helpful at all

Again, Jesu, at no point is the commentary I removed from your last post acceptable.

I think that will end this thread. Thank you all for your participation.