Suggestion: Pet Food

#1 - July 14, 2012, 6:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
This requirement to find a stable master to heal pets is frankly a little annoying. I don't see the purpose of having the pets retain their damage from one fight to another...well I mean other than the one achievement that derives from it. But if they must retain the damage after the fight then some sort of between fight regeneration that doesn't involve traveling back to town would be quite welcome.

I think battle pets would be a good place to bring back the way hunter pet foods used to work. Let each family of pets have a list of foods they will eat. If you happen to have any of that food on you, a "feed pet" button should appear on the pet UI and clicking it should start a 3 second or so channel that will heal that pet.

Pets that fall in combat should be revived with 1 hit point when combat ends.

IMO get rid of the "heal and revive" button entirely (and the stable master function of course)
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#3 - July 14, 2012, 6:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Pets heal 50% of the damage they take in a fight after every battle. You can also full heal and revive your entire team every 10m with the Revive Pets Spell.

Going to the Stable Master should be a last resort. If we find that people are going excessively, we will look at the numbers again. We are happy with the balance we have right now though.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#8 - July 14, 2012, 6:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
When do we get the 10min revive spell? 0.o
still 15=/

The revive spell is learned when you purchase Battle Pet Training from a trainer. It is in the General tab of your spell book and the top right corner in the Pet Journal.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#11 - July 14, 2012, 6:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
At least let us know the purpose of the mechanic. Is it to encourage us to use a wider variety of pets rather than building our favorite go-to team and just using them? I wouldn't think it's a money sink at 10 silver per stable master visit.

If it's an obstacle without a clear purpose, it should be changed.

Attrition is built into the system to encourage folks to care about winning a battle and taking as little damage as possible. A full heal after each battle would eliminate that completely.

It also encourages you to use different pets instead of the same ones for every fight. Deathy is down to 68 health? Just swap him out with the Tiny Harvester thats sitting at full health and earn some levels on a new pet. By the time you do a few fights your heal spell will be off cooldown and you can heal your entire team.