PvPers Slapped With Unnecessary Restriction

#1 - June 29, 2012, 2:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Edit: I hate having to change the title of my thread.
Edit: Thread is no longer capped.
Edit: Ghostcrawler's quote added, thanks to Powershot for finding it.
Edit: This post applies to ALL PvP mounts!

***Edit: I would like to say some progress has been made! Our black war mounts from regular BGs have been made account wide! But you will notice they made the arena mounts that were account wide character specific. Keep gving your support! Thanks to all who are giving their say in this issue.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2864-Mists-of-Pandaria-Beta-Build-15913?

Edit: Part 2, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6293819957#1
______________________________________________________________________________________
Before, I made a post on my alt before my faction changed updated, about how PvP mounts would not be account wide, yet, all PvE ones were. In this thread, it was mostly speculation about which PvP mounts exactly, Glad mounts or all.

Now there is official info that none of the PvP mounts will be account wide at all.

Ground

Azure Water Strider no longer walks on water in battleground areas.
Black War Steed is no longer Account wide.
Black War Wolf is no longer Account wide.

Blue Shado-Pan Riding Tiger (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Blue Shado-Pan Riding Tiger. 1.5 sec cast. Account wide.
Grand Expedition Yak is now Account wide.
Grand Ice Mammoth is now Account wide.
Green Shado-Pan Riding Tiger (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Green Shado-Pan Riding Tiger. 1.5 sec cast. Account wide.
Ice Mammoth is now Account wide.
Mechano-Hog is now Account wide.
Mekgineer's Chopper is now Account wide.
Red Shado-Pan Riding Tiger (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Red Shado-Pan Riding Tiger. 1.5 sec cast. Account wide.
Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is now Account wide.
Vicious War Steed is no longer Account wide.
Vicious War Wolf is no longer Account wide.

I ask Blizz why are PvPers smacked with this restriction but PvErs are not? While they are getting all of their fancy mounts on their mains to use on alts, we PvPers don't have this option. This means more RBGs on more toons, and more honor farming.

I say we should have the same rights as PvErs. The whole point of everything being account wide now was to have it be about the player, not the toon. By restricting us PvPers of this feature you contradict yourselves. We, the players, earned the PvP mounts just like the PvErs.

So please, allow us to take advantage of this as well.

Ghostcrawler's Say on this:

"Overall, we never want you to play Character A instead of Character B because of achievement concerns. If Character A had the Violet Proto-Drake, then you might not play Character B. If Character A was only one holiday away from the Violet Proto-Drake, then you may not play Character B. If Character A had completed most of the raid achievements from Dragon Soul, you may not want to bring Character B for one fight and miss out on the achievement. Having alts is cool and working on achievements is cool, but we don't want the two systems to work against each other."

By putting this restriction on PvP mounts, it's a total contradiction. Thanks go out to Powershot for posting this.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#381 - July 13, 2012, 3:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Edit: I hate having to change the title of my thread.

Before, I made a post on my alt before my faction changed updated, about how PvP mounts would not be account wide, yet, all PvE ones were. In this thread, it was mostly speculation about which PvP mounts exactly, Glad mounts or all.

Now there is official info that none of the PvP mounts will be account wide at all.

Ground

Azure Water Strider no longer walks on water in battleground areas.
Black War Steed is no longer Account wide.
Black War Wolf is no longer Account wide.

Blue Shado-Pan Riding Tiger (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Blue Shado-Pan Riding Tiger. 1.5 sec cast. Account wide.
Grand Expedition Yak is now Account wide.
Green Shado-Pan Riding Tiger (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Green Shado-Pan Riding Tiger. 1.5 sec cast. Account wide.
Mechano-Hog is now Account wide.
Mekgineer's Chopper is now Account wide.
Red Shado-Pan Riding Tiger (New) Summons and dismisses a rideable Red Shado-Pan Riding Tiger. 1.5 sec cast. Account wide.
Vicious War Steed is no longer Account wide.
Vicious War Wolf is no longer Account wide.

I ask Blizz why are PvPers smacked with this restriction but PvErs are not? While they are getting all of their fancy mounts on their mains to use on alts, we PvPers don't have this option. This means more RBGs on more toons, and more honor farming.

I say we should have the same rights as PvErs. The whole point of everything being account wide now was to have it be about the player, not the toon. By restricting us PvPers of this feature you contradict yourselves. We, the players, earned the PvP mounts just like the PvErs.

So please, allow us to take advantage of this as well.

No one is being "slapped" or "smacked" with anything here. The current feeling though is that if you earned a PvP mount on a specific character (class) it was a symbol of your PvP prowess with that particular class. I'm sure you could say that this should (or could) apply to PvE, but I don't think people quite associate these the same.

Feel free to discuss this (constructively) further if you wish, but just know this is not an attempt on our end to treat PvPers badly or to "slap" anyone "in the face". This is more of a nod to your ability with a specific class in PvP.

*Just a quick amendment, I'm reading through the thread and we'll be sure to pass on feedback. I'm not just tossing in an off the cuff statement then running away. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#433 - July 13, 2012, 6:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Blue post just specified that PvP rewards are more prestigous than PvE rewards.

Just sayin', bros.

No. That's not what I said. Please refrain from twisting my words. I was quite careful about the ones I chose.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#502 - July 13, 2012, 8:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post

No one is being "slapped" or "smacked" with anything here. The current feeling though is that if you earned a PvP mount on a specific character (class) it was a symbol of your PvP prowess with that particular class. I'm sure you could say that this should (or could) apply to PvE, but I don't think people quite associate these the same.

Feel free to discuss this (constructively) further if you wish, but just know this is not an attempt on our end to treat PvPers badly or to "slap" anyone "in the face". This is more of a nod to your ability with a specific class in PvP.

*Just a quick amendment, I'm reading through the thread and we'll be sure to pass on feedback. I'm not just tossing in an off the cuff statement then running away. ;)

" but I don't think people quite associate these the same."
Hey thanks for telling everyone what YOU THINK and making it fact.

I didn't state it as fact. You're misinterpreting.

I'm all for constructive feedback and voicing opinions in these threads. I encourage it. But I'm not going to allow something I said be twisted into something I didn't say or mean. I'm still reading when I can, but at this point, the information is still the same, this is also included for Gladiator mounts. They're just currently showing incorrectly in the beta as being account-wide. (This should be corrected before long.)

Again, if you disagree with the sentiment, sharing your points in a constructive manner will go further than attacks or unhelpful statements.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#546 - July 13, 2012, 9:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/13/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Faevel
However, I fully agree with the notion that gladiator mounts should not be account bound.

This. Yes it may be a pain in the butt to get all over again on another toon, but you still feel SOME accomplishment for getting it again on a whole new toon/class, right?

I've seen others in this thread say they would want the Gladiator Mount to be account-wide, so that contradicts your sentiments here. I'm just curious as to how many agree with them being restricted vs. being account-wide.

Again, I'm following along the discussion and can carry on feedback, just be aware that doesn't guarantee a change.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#562 - July 13, 2012, 10:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thanks for uncapping the thread... I had posted this on the 2nd parter.

No problem. It makes it easier for me and others to follow as well.

Also, I'd like to encourage people to not make this into a PvP vs. PvE thread despite the subject matter. It has a tendency to get a bit ugly and I'd rather we avoid that if we can.