So Shocking ...Is this true?

#1 - July 12, 2012, 4:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8rd0-zVIBVo

hi guys...i found a video on youtube ...i was just shocked to see how the content was really hard during Vanilla and TBC WoW...i know there are lot of posts on TBC and vanilla content
and i myself have commented to "move on with the game", but the way the video describes the raid content and gear progression, i just think this was the game i always wanted to play :(

i am not saying that cataclysm is easy...since i dont have my HC(some consider that as eligibility) .
but if the number of days that people took to finish the raid during vanilla and TBC true, i think that is the way a boss should be designed, it must actually feel like it is a boss..and patience that those people had ..even after countless wipes..today when i do a PUG, 2 wipes and people leave.
and people are in so hurry that they want to do raids as 5man normal dungeon.
Asking for achievement so that you dont want to explain to a new player or want to wipe. The players have no respect for others.
"Trade Chat : <name> LFM DS 10 Fresh Run W/ Achievement or Expect no reply from me"
and yes they dont reply without achievement..

Thank You :)
leave reply's , ofc harsh comments on me are accepted o_O
Forum Avatar
Community
#71 - July 13, 2012, 10:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
1% had good reason to stand around looking good while people stood there gasping at there achievements. It was the desire to be

I'm yet to see someone that actually gasped at another player. (Don't confuse this with players being surprised with what top guilds were accomplishing in their realms or even as world firsts, is not the same). It's one of those things that's kinda always been there as some kind of justification about why things were better back then.

Most of the whispers I was getting back then where "where did you get that from?" from players that were new to the game or even the whole genre and hadn't seen those things. And perhaps, questions from less progressed raiders about how were defeating a given boss.

13/07/2012 11:07Posted by Nissemand
Back in earlier expansions you had to progress for a long time to reach another raid content and that felt so damn amazing.

What was so amazing about knowing that you weren't going to make it into the next tier of content? I mean, the journey you mention has always been there.

If you were around when raiding began in Wrath of the Lich King, by the end of the expansion you had visited Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eternity, Ulduar, Trial of the Crusader and Icecrown Citadel.

If you were around when raiding began in Cataclysm, you've gone through Blackwing Descent, Throne of the Four Winds, Bastion of Twilight, Firelands and Dragon Soul.

The only difference with TBC and Vanilla in that regard, is that now there are alternative means to allow players to catch up with the newest content.
Forum Avatar
Community
#91 - July 13, 2012, 10:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
You have worked so hard to allow everyone to see the final raid of an expansion, that you've forgotten what would become of the first tier of raids.

If there was progression involved between tiers, we (I) would have the chance of doing them.

The first tier of raids were seen by many as well. If you weren't around then, sure, you missed that content when it was current (and that sucks).

If there was this requirement of starting from the first tier of the expansion, and then progressing from there all the way to Deathwing. Wouldn't you feel frustrated (and perhaps, even feel unfairly treated) if at some point in your progression, the new expansion comes out, everyone moves on, and you are just forced to not see raids that were actually current content at the moment you were playing?

Would it really be satisfying to leave Deathwing behind, untouched, simply because you were away from the game and joined too late? (for whatever reason, be it because you chose to, or because you had to, it doesn't matter).

The current approach still lets you experience these "old raids", at your own pace, when (and if) you want to, while experiencing the newest content in the game.
Forum Avatar
Community
#244 - July 13, 2012, 2:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
13/07/2012 11:55Posted by Lheyra
If this is your view of loot, why the hell do you even bother making legendary items? Only a small handful of players will see them, and according to you, only arrogance makes someone want to obtain an item not many players will see.

I'd hope people that go after legendaries go because they find them awesome for what they are, what they bring to the table, etc. Not because they are thinking "Oh lord, how much I'm going to brag about this!". It's not that bragging is bad, come on. If you're proud of something go and show it, by all means.

But don't try to use the "we should be able to brag about something" as the argument to justify excluding other players of content.

Why is it fine that someone can brag about a legendary, but the casual player that wants to brag about how hard was for him/her getting the Molten Front mount gets laughed at? As I've said in the past, everything has as much value as you want to place on it, not more, not less.

13/07/2012 12:19Posted by Thete
almost everyone had content to do at any one time that was challenging.

Unless you have an 8/8 Heroic character, you obviously still have content that is challenging to complete (not saying you don't have one).

13/07/2012 12:06Posted by Lilpain
why is it better in your eyes that I should kill Deathwing but not Ragnaros or Sinestra? (due to another break in the game, I never killed them either; yet general concensus is that actually they were far better encounters than Deathwing and his Dragon Soul cronies)

You should kill them all. The difference is that if you are in the point where you can kill Deathwing, the only thing preventing you from killing Ragnaros and Sinestra is finding other like-minded players to go back and defeat those bosses. Unlike the other way around, where it's not just a matter of finding other individuals to complete that content, it's also a matter of continuing to complete a road that you might not be able to in hopes of getting to see that final boss.

13/07/2012 12:47Posted by Monkylord
The "Do it while its current" when i have Exams or i am looking for a Job does not fly.

So, you think it's better to find out that, after coming back from those exams/finding a job and realizing that now everyone is even farther from you is a positive thing?

Honestly all I see from your posts is arguing with players who are giving you their honest opinions about the state of the raiding game, and defending the development team's design decisions. You should be listening to these (many) players and passing their genuine feedback upstairs, rather than trying to tell them how they should or shouldn't feel.

That's actually the point of my posts. There's no genuine feedback in "TBC was great, bring it back". That's an opinion, as valid as that of the player next door saying "I hated TBC". But it's one that doesn't have anything useful for the developers to consider. I'm not telling anyone how they should feel. What I'm trying to do is to present you the opposite perspective. I'm trying to make you cross the street and see things from the other side. Because that's one of the best ways to have a discussion going on. If we keep it one-sided, there wouldn't be much discussion on pretty much anything.

You want everyone to see Deathwing because, for some abstract reason it would be absolutely crippling for a player to finish the expansion but not fight him, but at the same time for those who missed the other 75% of Cataclysm raiding content, it just 'sucks for you'.

There's no contradiction. The only meaning of "and that sucks" is that not being able to experience it as the current content when it was released is unfortunate.
I do think is still a better prospect than having to experience it when you're in a new expansion because you were always behind of what, for the other players, was actually "current content".