Affliction Warlock DoTs

#1 - July 12, 2012, 7:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi there. Im affliction warlock and I want to be able to keep track on dots better, and atm I use ForteXorcist for that, but I often find this too complicated to follow. It's wonderful when you want to keep track on dots of multiple targets, but atm I just think that that is too much info for me, I would just like to deal nice dps on normal bosses.

Now, what I would like to have is add-on that does nothing else that lets me sort out the DoT icons under my targets in default UI. I mean that Haunt would be ALWAYS first on the left, and then would always be corruption, UA and lastly Bane. The timers could roll like before and everything, but I would just like to sort them into fixed order. This way it would be a lot easier to quickly see that which DoTs are running out.

And it would allso be nice to be able to reserve certain spot under the target for just that one dot, and nothing else would be able to go there. If the DoT has runned out, there would be faint icon of the dot covered with cross or something like that. I made a picture clearing up what I would like:

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5619/dotjuttu.jpg

Is there anything like that?
Forum Avatar
Community
#3 - July 12, 2012, 12:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello Littlefinger,

I think Classtimer can partially do what you want, but not everything, it’s a very simple addon without many options.

Personally I love Power Auras Classic and I use it for almost everything that has to do with buffs, debuffs, procs, cooldowns and any kind of warnings, it's an extremely powerful addon.
The thing is, with great power comes great responsibility... er... I mean, with great power comes great headaches with configuration! No, not really, I'm actually just kidding, it's surprisingly easy to configure for the amount of features it provides, and from your description I can already imagine how to configure almost everything that you want. It will take a while to get used to the menu but trust me, it’s one of those addons that once you get used to it, you will use it for everything on every character.

Please note that, as always, this is my personal opinion and preference, we do not officially support any 3rd party applications. So please take it as a mere player-to-player recommendation, because that's what it really is.

Hope you find what you're looking for and have tons of fun with your Warlock!