The Language Barrier in LFD and LFR.

#1 - July 11, 2012, 1:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm absolutely astounded at the fact that Blizzard has put Latin realms into US Battlegroups. I am not a racist person by any means, but I do find it extremely frustrating that when I que up for a random dungeon, 9 times out of 10, my group is composed of 3/5 people who cannot speak English. I do believe that the Latin realms should be divided into their own battlegroup, considering how there is definitely enough of them. It creates quite the language barrier and creates many problems when you get a group of 5 people, and half of them don't understand the other half. Does anyone else agree with me?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - July 11, 2012, 5:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/11/2012 06:46 AMPosted by Lightitup
I'm absolutely astounded at the fact that Blizzard has put Latin realms into US Battlegroups. I am not a racist person by any means, but I do find it extremely frustrating that when I que up for a random dungeon, 9 times out of 10, my group is composed of 3/5 people who cannot speak English. I do believe that the Latin realms should be divided into their own battlegroup, considering how there is definitely enough of them. It creates quite the language barrier and creates many problems when you get a group of 5 people, and half of them don't understand the other half. Does anyone else agree with me?

While we understand some of the sentiment about this, it's important to understand that by separating pools of players, we impact queue times. Overall, the language of the game itself can bridge the gap in most cases. There's not much else I can say about this other than I'm going to close this thread since these can often devolve into inappropriate discussion.