#1 - 2012/07/03 04:24:00 PMOk - so now we've seen challenge mode in effect, i have a few comments to make:
1) i like the barrier at the start. the only problem i see is wall hackers and glitchers.
2) CC being used is good. its encouraging people to learn the ins and outs of the CC spells to become efficent.
3) its good we dont use LFD for this. we have less chance of running into noobs as we did in Cata Hc's
1) i want to spend time in a dungeon. i dont like being encouraged that for something hard i get a quick 15 minute or so burst. i want it to take time. i dont mean a raid that takes 3-4 hours, but something that keeps me busy for 40 or so minutes. this doesnt provide that in any way shape or form. its what i liked about grim batol HC - you could spend an hour in there. it took up time, kept you busy, but not too much time like raiding does. and no i dont want to do LFR which takes no time because its EASY.
2) Can't test difficulty properly. the item level normalization is set too high. if you want them to be difficult like you say, lower the item level to about 440 instead of 463. its far too high. alternatively do a massive enemy mob buff. if we dont test this it ends up unbalanced at launch
3) Lack of real reward. ok, so we get some valor. a title. a mount - i actually like that. some....transmog gear.... ok. wheres the reward? Wow got big because of a constant reward system in questing. to remove it in challenge mode seems a little....stupid. i'd make it drop LFR level gear. this makes it fairer and gives people a reward and a CHOICE. Challenge mode or LFR. this encourages players to do challenging content which helps them learn. due to not having LFD with this it reduces the cata HC problem of noobs. this would be PERFECT to push players to progress themselves AS players. making the bosses drop this but keeping the transmog actually gives even more incentive to do a challenge mode.