What are these forums here for?

#1 - June 29, 2012, 11:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I do not care is this thread is going to get looked for some reason but...
Someone please?
I mean there is no need to have this forums when the feedback we give isen't answered more then.
28/06/2012 16:01Posted by Nakatoir
you make some nice points

Seriously the time we make to do our feedback threads is 3x the time you take to read them. And i want to know how much of our feedback is even going live when the devs going for their thoughts only when making major decisions.
As far as i am aware this is the bigest game atm and the only thing that is going in your mind is... How can we make more money without our costumers noticing to much?

Also take a look at http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/3946362/ NOT A SINGEL BLUEPOST!
And then http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/4629801/?page=1

EU Respons
I'm not even going to lock this. Well played ;) *chuckle*

Oooooh, very interesting feedback. What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

Do you all have any cool thoughts on changes to animations that would make your gameplay more engaging?

Another great thread, Rasen. Well written and thought out, constructive and, like your previous threads, leads to an interesting discussion among everyone here. I just wanted to let you know that we have increased the posting limit of this thread as you all seem very willing to discuss this topic and look forward to seeing what else you all have to say regarding this.

US Respons
Rogues are in a pretty good place in Cataclysm in both PvE and PvP. We don't see a lot of huge glaring problems that need to be fixed. I realize there are several players out there asking for change just because they're getting bored of the same class or at the very least wanting to spice it up, and that is a totally valid way to feel. But you also have to consider the risk we'd take for all of the rogues out there who are totally happy with the way their class is playing now, thank you very much.

As an example, we changed paladins in Cataclysm because we thought they needed a resource mechanic to make their gameplay more interesting. Overall we're happy with the way that has played out, and it's even better in Mists, but it's also very easy to find "please remove Holy Power" posts regularly. While we disagree with those players, the fact remains that we made the class worse for them.

To use a second example, we are changing warlocks pretty extensively for Mists because we thought they had several fundamental problems. Is every warlock going to like those changes? Of course not. Are there going to lots of players who beg us to revert the changes? Absolutely.

(And this is all ignoring the risk that even changing a mechanic from an acknowledged bad design to a good design still risks frustrating or annoying many players just because they have to relearn something.)

We are trying to fix some of the annoying things rogues have had to deal with and we are trying to offer some options in talents and glyphs that can help spice up the gameplay for someone who has been loyally Sinister Striking for these eight years. But we also don't want to fix what isn't broken. We try really hard not to change classes for the sake of change. It's hard. But we try.

I'd go as far to say that most of the class team would probably agree (and I didn't poll them, so I may be sticking my neck out) that the rogue is the best designed class. And much of that design was in place before virtually any of us started working on classes, so we can't even really take credit for it. The rogue has the best resource system (energy), a strong kit, a good toolbox, and a clear role in PvP and PvE, yet it still has disadvantages to go along with the advantages and can't just do everything flawlessly all the time. It's a good design, again in our humble opinions, which is why you see so few changes to the class overall. But please don't over-read that as my stating that we won't fix bugs, add polish, balance numbers, undo bone-headed design flaws when the need arises, or yes, add a little bit of newness once in awhile just to keep things shiny.

It's hard just to compare heal costs and numbers without looking at the whole package. Paladin heals tend to be expensive because so much of their healing costs no mana. Likewise, we don't balance around perfect Beacon transference, but you can't ignore it either.

If you look at how much paladins actually heal in a fight though, it should be pretty competitive with the other healers. I know that's not easy to look at right now on beta, but it will get easier once A) raids are open, B) we enable mods again, C) more theorycrafters conclude that we aren't fiddling with numbers so much so that their time isn't being wasted. (We aren't fiddling with numbers nearly so much, so maybe that will encourage some theorycrafters).

Remember though, that each healer is different. Example: Resto shaman look great on fights where everyone can cluster for Healing Rain and Chain Heal and any time everyone stays very wounded for very long.

Because paladins have so many mana-free heals, they actually can't subsist on fumes as long as other healers. If every healer decided just to cast their Holy Light equivalent and nothing else, paladins would go out of mana faster. Now there shouldn't be any situations where you really heal like that.

Two concerns that I think warrant us looking at further are the healing of Holy Radiance and the crit chance of Holy Shock. We nerfed Holy Radiance so that Light of Dawn can be stronger -- it feels weird when the "finisher" is puny compared to the "builder." On the other hand, healers don't always have the luxury to wait for the finisher before doing some heavy healing. We've heard a lot of feedback that Holy Radiance is a little weak, so we'll take a look at it.

As far as Holy Shock goes, it did suffer from the pruning of many of the passive talents and glyphs that gave it such a high crit rate. In a vacuum, it doesn't need a high crit chance. It is an instant, relatively cheap heal that delivers on Holy Power. You're going to want to push it. But we agree that Infusion of Light is intended to help mix up what heals you cast and that it needs to proc at a reasonable rate.

To end this post i want to ask, why don't you give EU accounts possibility to post on US forums there there actually is discussion that is going on
Forum Avatar
Community
#29 - July 4, 2012, 10:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
29/06/2012 13:09Posted by Zeruge
Just because we don't get a Blizzard response to all of the threads it doesn't mean they aren't read, and it doesn't mean they aren't put forward to the development team. You really think a Blizzard employee is going to sit here and answer every single thread with the positives and negatives he found within it? That's a fantasy world.

01/07/2012 13:49Posted by Gontier
The EU forum are being actively read by our Community Managers who then forward the feedback to the appropriate people.

This is very important to keep in mind. We do read many threads, every day in *every* european language, and we're more than happy to provide feedback to the development team, but we honestly wouldn't have the time to make a blue post in every single thread acknowledging that's been the case.