why not roll head enchant's into inscription?

#1 - June 7, 2012, 5:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
topic name say's it all if they don't want it in reputations then it shouldn't go to inscription?
they already have self shoulder enchants so throwing the head enchant in with them seems a good fit. (note they would still be for everyone and not just for scribes as to not have it unbalance the profession vs others ) or perhaps even enchanting could use em? i.m.o i am fine with them being removed entirely as i always viewed meta gems to be the real head enchant anyway just felt like throwing out some ideas what do you think?
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#3 - June 7, 2012, 11:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Part of the logic in getting rid of the head enchant was to make it easier for players to use their gear. Gems, enchants and reforges all have their place but too much of that sort of preparation before you can actually use an item gets annoying. I'm not saying freeing up one head enchant solves that problem, but it's a small step. I don't know that enchanting the helmet in and of itself is so much fun that we need to preserve it. I think in the meeting where we discussed cutting the enchant there might have even been a little bit of cheering.

In addition, we're not saying we'll never make head enchants again. Maybe we'll come up with a clever use for them or maybe we'll come up with some kind of system that needs a different kind of reward (this was the original genesis of the enchants back in the day). It would be harder to implement such a design if we had to go take the head enchants away from one of the professions. For now, the idea will just go back in the vault. It may not be there forever.