Alliance need a new battle cry

#0 - Oct. 25, 2010, 1:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As they said at blizzcon this year the allaince are in great need of a new battle cry.

The US forums are runnnig a thread on it we as euro players should be doing the same.

So lets se what battle crys we can come up with :)

Mine would be "Labbaik" (Arabic/Persian for "we are here"/"we are answering the call"

clarified a little better i hope :)
#106 - Oct. 27, 2010, 10:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think something short and simple, like "Justice and Glory!", would be quite suitable as an Alliance battle cry... the words are strong and virtuous ones, and it doesn't take too long to say.

I can certainly imagine an Alliance commander yelling a booming "Justice and Gloryyyyyyyy!!!" in the beginning of a mighty charge :-)

#126 - Oct. 27, 2010, 1:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Justice and Glory! sound a bit lame. There is a growing concern that PvP'rs overall pick horde cos alliance are still considered "good"(sissies) and horde "evil"(cool).

Justice and Glory! fits well with the theme of the Alliance though, but it is of course all in the eyes of the beholder. Sure, the Horde is cool and has a really cool battle cry that just works on all levels, but I do think that the Alliance is pretty awesome too... I like the more clean and disciplined feel they have in contrast to the more brutish feel of the Horde, and I certainly do not agree with the Alliance being sissies :-)

If we had a truly awesome battle cry for the Alliance, then I am sure we would not be debating whether or not the Alliance is cool. Let's get to it people and find that perfect Alliance battle cry!

Q u o t e:
A puny gome yelling justice at the top of it lungs doesnt really sound that intimidating as a battlecry.
Glory is a suitable word tho, if paired with a more battle'ish partner :)

I can agree that a Gnome shouting "Justice and Glory!" may seem more comical than if those same words are uttered by for an example a Human or a Dwarf, but one could also flip this argument around and say that it is seems less believable when an Undead or a Blood Elf yells "For the Horde!" then when an Orc or does it :-)

How about the classic "Show them no quarter!"? It takes a little longer to say, but it is less "goody two-shoes" :-)
#149 - Oct. 27, 2010, 12:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
or alternatively, although I prefer the first:

"At them!"

For some reason this made me think of Rainier Wolfcastle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ZoHhvQgjU

Not sure if that would really work as a battle cry for the Alliance though ;-)
#324 - Nov. 17, 2010, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A few of my favourites:

Alliance for justice!
Alliance for glory!
Alliance forever!
Alliance, best eaten raw! ;-)