When did blizzard stop being funny?

#0 - Oct. 27, 2010, 1:10 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I realized something today, when browsing a news site that had the cata login screen.

Blizzard is all about being serious. During the interview with Metzen, we saw that he still had his goofy side. Where has that gone in WoW? Where are the flavor items that make for odd quests? (The dynamite for fishing, anyone?)

I mean, even if it was something simple like one of the towers supporting deathwing falling and DW watching and rebuilding it with magic would be a nice break from all of the serious settings. I haven't seen anything goofy since late BC, and if someone knows of some things that I can look forward to in Cata, I would appreciate the heads up. (I do know about the plants vs scourge, though)
#27 - Oct. 27, 2010, 2:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I haven't seen anything goofy since late BC, and if someone knows of some things that I can look forward to in Cata, I would appreciate the heads up.

I am happy to report that you, madam, will have the privileged opportunity to perform the following deeds during your journeys through the majestic lands of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms:

Exorcising a haunted bulldozer in Azshara.
    Rescuing bear cubs with the clever application of physics and elastics.
    Defending Hillsbrad against waves of Scourge using only your wits...and expert knowledge of local plant life.
    Testing your mettle as an in-game quest-giver.
    Being conscripted as a squire and felling beastly "dragons" in Un'Goro Crater under the tutelage of the magnificent, marvelous (and chivalrous) Maxmillian of Northshire.
    Punching Deathwing in the face.

I trust that you will find such adventures satisfactorily humorous. ;)
#36 - Oct. 27, 2010, 3:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Any excrement quests Lylirra?

But of course. :P
#39 - Oct. 27, 2010, 3:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Fix'd

Edit: I must say I couldn't resist. Sowwy.

Working as intended.