Marked for Death / Resistance is Futile Bug

#0 - Oct. 26, 2010, 10:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In order to get the talent Resistance is Futile to work, you need to apply Hunter's Mark the original way in order to make that talent work which defeats the whole purpose of even spec'ing into MM these days. Apply a Hunter's Mark via the talent Marked for Death will not trigger the free Kill Command. Basically Resistance is Futile does not work if the Hunter's Mark comes from an Arcane Shot or Chimera Shot. This is obviously a bug or a major oversight on Blizzards end, but either way it needs to be fixed asap.

Since I have your attention. The damage from Chimera Shot & Arcane Shot seem fine. But Chimera Shot focus cost is still way too high. Chimera Shot in PvP does roughly 20% more damage than Arcane Shot but at 100% more focus cost. Do you guys not see the huge flaw in this? Arcane Shot x2 is much better than Chimera Shot x1, especially considering the fast GCD and more shots = more chance to proc Wild Quiver. It's just overall a lot more damage.

I could care less about the 5% heal or wasting 25 focus and a GCD to apply Serpent Sting to be refreshed by Chimera. I do so much better in PvP just spamming Arcane Shot and using 2x Steady Shot when I'm out of focus to proc the ISS buff from the talents. It sounds boring (sometimes it is), but all I care about is efficiency. The results and experience I'm receiving speak for themselves.

I've recently respec'd into an MM build with no Chimera Shot and no Concussive Barrage electing to just do a lot more damage and try and kill my target asap. Faster you kill that target, the less damage you take so why heal yourself for 5% at the expense of possibly not killing your target or taking more damage overall as a result of a slower kill. Here's my build, I was forced to take Bombardment as there is NOTHING else worth taking in PvP in comparison.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cZfrGoGoMurZG
#2 - Oct. 27, 2010, 12:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

In order to get the talent Resistance is Futile to work, you need to apply Hunter's Mark the original way in order to make that talent work which defeats the whole purpose of even spec'ing into MM these days. Apply a Hunter's Mark via the talent Marked for Death will not trigger the free Kill Command. Basically Resistance is Futile does not work if the Hunter's Mark comes from an Arcane Shot or Chimera Shot. This is obviously a bug or a major oversight on Blizzards end, but either way it needs to be fixed asap.

This is intended. You can have multiple Marked for Death marks, so having Resistance is Futile apply to all of those would be very powerful. You can overwrite the Marked for Death though if you have a particular target that you want not to flee.