New "authentic" looking mails. "Phishing" or

#0 - Oct. 21, 2010, 6:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey.

So during this day I've received several mails from "noreply@blizzard.com" very authentic, as you can see. The email is like following:

Battle.net Account - Account Change Notice

Hello,
This is an automated notification regarding your Battle.net account. Some or all of your contact information was recently modified through the Account Management website.
*** If you made recent account changes, please disregard this automatic notification.

*** If you did NOT make any changes to your account, we recommend you log in to Account Management review your account settings.
If you cannot sign into Account Management using the link above, or if unauthorized changes continue to happen, please contact Blizzard Billing & Account Services for further assistance.
Billing & Account Services can be reached at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499 Mon-Fri, 8AM-8PM Pacific Time) or at billing@blizzard.com.
Account security is solely the responsibility of the accountholder. Please be advised that in the event of a compromised account, Blizzard representatives will typically lock the account. In these cases the Account Administration team will require faxed receipt of ID materials before releasing the account for play.
Regards,
The Battle.net Support Team
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support
Online Privacy Policy

-----

This looks pretty true, except I suspected these mails. Nothing has been changed, and I have never used any links to go into websites to check my account. I have always straightly written wow-europe.com to my browser. Not to mention I've created a password that is a mix of numbers and both capital letters and small ones, and my PC is clean.

Also, this mail has an option to look the html-part of the message, which I have not done nor I will. After first message I started to get a realm spam of thee mails during this evening, within past few hours.

What I do wish to make sure, is whether these are false messages or not, as I got no way of knowing absolutely sure, and if I did not know better of possibilities around the web, I would also believe it blindly. Atleast on the first time.

I used the options on my mail to see the source of the message, but there is no mention of wowadmin, blizzard or any other relatively related to blizzard or wow named address in it. Can I assume from that alone that it is not authentic?
#6 - Oct. 22, 2010, 3:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Fake or ‘Phishing’ E-mails from Blizzard
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12947236083&sid=1