"Releasing" and Un-Naming Pets

#1 - May 6, 2012, 10:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So, I own Mini-Tyrael on Live, and obviously it carried over to Beta. I thought I would mess around with the Pet Feature, and found two MAJOR problems.

For one, upon Renaming a Pet, there is *NO* way to return to a truly default state. Considering we'll likely have close to 200 pets in Mists of Pandaria, as someone who suffers from OCD, it would be nice to be able to "Un-Name" Companions.

Secondly, and infinitely more frightening, is the fact that there are NO restrictions to the Pets you can Release. You guessed it; Mini-Tyrael is gone! Of course, it's Beta, so no harm. However, when it comes to Once-in-a-Lifetime Pets such as these, I would personally maybe recommend it being *IMPOSSIBLE* to Release them. Instead, perhaps you could "Reset" them back to level 1, if for some reason you wish to train them up anew?
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#20 - May 24, 2012, 6:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We have added restrictions on releasing pets in the latest build. The only pets you can release are ones that you have caught though the pet battle system. We have also made a change to the tooltips for pets so that it will always show the pets original name below the custom one.