Account Mounts

#1 - May 24, 2012, 5:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was wonmdering in Mist of Pandarian, will Mounts be Account wide, let's say if I bought a Vial of the Sands, will my Alts have it too?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#4 - May 24, 2012, 5:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/24/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Adelaide
Yes, mounts are account wide and yes all my character have vial of sands on the beta.

I like when people make our jobs easier on us. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - May 24, 2012, 5:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/24/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Draenybrit

But it wasn't really easier, because you had to check the thread anyway, and you posted anyway :)

Cheers.

Maybe. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - May 24, 2012, 6:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/24/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Melisaran

Nethaera, I've seen a few people asking a very specific question on this. Let's say you have one character with a TCG mount. When MoP hits all of your characters will have that mount. But what if you then delete the character that had that mount originally? Will all of the others still have it?

As far as I'm aware, they should still have it. It's set on the account end and not the individual character end. If (however) I find out differently, I'll let you know. I don't have reason to believe that this isn't how it should work though.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#37 - May 24, 2012, 6:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Follow-up question for Nethaera (did I mention your an awesome person)!

When we say account wide, does that mean across servers or just a specific server account wide. So lets say I got a spectral tiger on Illidan US, will my warrior on Silvermoon US have the mount. Further, with pets being account wide, would this mean that I could add 20 Bear Cub pets on Silvermoon, then Cage them on Illidan to be sold on the AH? So essentially giving me a way to transfer gold from one server to the next.

(again in my attempts at kissing up, did I mention your the best CM at Blizzard!)

It should be the individual World of Warcraft account itself no matter what realm the other characters are on. There are still details to work out however, so I don't want to give any incorrect information if I can help it.

We'll have more information about pets specifically as soon as we can. That too has some things being ironed out still but we'll share a bit more "soonish".

No need to kiss up. ;)