FLEX RAID ID

#0 - Oct. 16, 2010, 1:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
FLEX RAID ID great Idea POOR POOR POOR EXTREMELY POOR APPLICATION
EPIC FAIL BLIZZ.
Blizzard has implemented Flex raid id lockouts, They allow you to kill each boss in any instance once before the refresh on tuedays. You may switch back and forth bewteen 10man content and 25man content, so long as you are at the exact same place as the raid is.

BUT
if you kill anything on Heroic you are SAVED forever to that id until refresh on tuesday, also LOSING your flexiblity.

This discourages pugs/guilds with limited amounts of time from doing heroic modes.
I normally lead pugs that can kill a heroic boss or two, but because we lose our flexiblity after we kill one boss on heroic. Most people will avoid the one boss on heroic and would rather preserve their flexiblity.
THIS DISCOURAGES HEROIC MODES.
or
If the group kills one boss on heroic, then disbands to come together the next day, and per say not everyone comes back, and you need one or more people to fill out the raid. There are so many problems with phasing and switching between hero/non hero mode right now it's INSANE.

Why would you discourage harder content?( ESPECIALLY after giving such major buffs in the patch)
I understand that it wasn't the intention by blizzard, but it's what they have done.
In cataclysm content it might be fine, but with ICC being the highest content currently its extremely discouraging.
I only need hero mode loot, and without a group willing todo it, I can't obtain it, so whats the point of playing if you discourage everyone from getting better loot.

Todo 12bosses requires alot of time, per say not everyone has that time. We need a replacement all of a sudden. We can't bring in a majority of people who have already done it because they can be at any degree of bosses killed which does not match ours. So we either progress farther to match them or they just cant join us as we have gone past their point of entrance before the replacement is needed.
Or if the person has done any heroic boss on 10 or 25man THEY CANT RAID except in their specific group, and (if you want to cont. on another day) if you dont have the KS of either 10 or 25 man not show up to the continuation of any icc run, you cant switch to hero mode. I just got out of a 10man cont. run, we did 4/12 heroic icc10 on day1. Then on day2 we all came back but because we had 2 people not show, we replaced them, but because we did not have our oringinal KS(one of the two people gone) we were phased out of realms with the new people, meaning WE CANT DO ANYTHING.

The only people who can really join are people who havent done the instance at all that week. They are the only people with true "flexiblity". Blizzard hasnt provided more flexiblity, but more of a headache for everyone of it's subscribers.

EPIC FAIL BLIZZ.

Solution: REMOVE HEROIC MODE as criteria on our flexiblity. (this only solves a few cases but it would def. help in the mean time especially for older raiders

#3 - Oct. 16, 2010, 2:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Don't post in all caps. Thanks.