I sincerely thank you, Blizzard!

#0 - Oct. 15, 2010, 1:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Thank you so much Blizzard for an extremely nice patch!

There have been way too many QQ-threads and people posting stuff like "worst patch ever" which really makes me wonder if we play the same game. So I felt like you should get some cred amidst all the confusion.

I have been playing WoW since closed beta US, which is a lot of time. Been through all the patches and all the content pre-nerfs at the forefront etc. Hands down this must be one of the best patches you have done so far. In a way, you succeeded to reinvent WoW! Sure there are some annoying bugs here and there (mainly the Spirit Gryphon) but I'm extremely excited and happy about the changes.

What do I play other than DK? A Retribution Paladin and a Destruction Warlock. Playing as a retri went from boring as hell to a whole new class. Destruction got a lot more destructive with the implementation of the Soul Shard buffs and the instant Soul fires while DKs got a lot more interesting rune system and tools to keep our diseases up throughout the fight.

So a shout out to the people who aren't happy: Play the best you can and know that the patch isn't balanced for level 80. If your main feels bad, try one of your alts. Sit back and relax, soon enough we'll have the expansion and the hopefully AWESOME cinematic intro. :)

Thanks for an awesome game!
#14 - Oct. 15, 2010, 12:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Whoa, that's most certainly some sincere positivity and optimism -- thanks for sharing!

Yeah there's a lot of changes in the patch; some are quite involved. In some cases this means we'll be needing to sit back and assess what's changed for our characters and how things now work; re-adjust our playstyles and get used to the altered class mechanics. Like learning anything new, this can take a bit of time, patience and perseverance.

Our developers have put a lot of careful thought into what was changed and why it needed to be changed and even now they continue to do so, especially in regards to class balance. Even though some of the new mechanics might feel a bit challenging to grasp at first, we strongly feel that once mastered they will make many specs much more compelling and enjoyable to play.

This is just like the bottom layer of the grand layer cake of new content that's coming in Cataclysm. So if you're liking the changes so far -- if you're taking readjusting to the new mechanics in your stride -- then you're going to be all set for some severely cool times ahead.