Violet drake down to 280%?

#0 - Oct. 14, 2010, 4:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
"There are no 310% mounts anymore. 310% speed is now obtained via Master riding, a new flying skill. All flying mounts are now only distinguished by aesthetics. "

does this mean that the violet proto drake from the world events are not 310% anymore????
#6 - Oct. 14, 2010, 4:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
After seeing some confusion on this matter, we’d just like to remind everyone about the changes to 310% riding speed.

With the introduction of patch 4.0.1, characters may only travel at 310% speed if they either owned a mount capable of that speed before the patch went live, or if they purchase the new Master riding skill. A mount’s speed now scales with the rider’s skill, regardless of which flying mount you use.

No mounts have been removed or had their droprates changed yet, these changes are scheduled for patch 4.0.3.

Update: We are going to be adding a hotfix for the achievement What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been. This hotfix will make it so that obtaining the Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake will award players Master riding.
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14870143073&sid=1&pageNo=2#37
#37 - Oct. 18, 2010, 2:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As a few of you have already noticed, and will no doubt be very pleased to hear, we are indeed adding a hotfix to the achievement What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been. This means that anyone earning the Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake will also receive Master riding :)

To use the Violet Proto-Drake you will need 280% flying. Once you have mounted the drake, you will learn Master riding but you must dismount and mount again to be able to fly at 310% speed.
#39 - Oct. 18, 2010, 2:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Any particular reason why this world event mount is the only one that's special like that?
I've owned a 310% for several years that I haven't used, and that one won't give me master training anymore, even thought it's unobtainable.
Seems like a strange double standard.
I'm now flying around on a 280% mount which says "extremly fast" in the mounts tooltip.

Our reasoning for this is the difficulty or length of time it takes to earn this achievement isn't changing with Cataclysm's release. So while it would be much easier to go back and overpower the Lich King at 85 to farm for Invincible, it's still going to take a year or more to get the Violet Proto-Drake. We've heard a lot of feedback from players on this and agree that an exception should be made for this achievement and Master riding.