#1 - 2012/05/05 03:44:00 AM>>July 24th 2012: A lot of the issues have been adressed through changes or blue posts, but I'm too lazy to update. The discussion is ongoing in P4 though!
Note: Some of the issues mentioned are not necessarily things everyone will agree on (myself included)
- What is Blizzard's vision for the Warrior class?
- Warriors seem to have been trimmed over the years, with MoP being the coup de grâce for many of us unless something changes.
- In relation to the previous point, our skill ceiling seems to be going down by quite a bit in MoP, leaving us to wonder if Blizzard still stands by their well-known 'Easy to pick-up, hard to master' philosophy.
- Warbringer, Bladestorm and Stormbolt seem much weaker than the alternatives.
- Dragon Roar can knock targets into your deadzone.
- The level 75 tier is too Protection-focused.
- Deadly Calm, Deathwish, Inner Rage (T13 2pc could be baseline), Berserker Rage (the increased rage from damage part), Rend and Lambs to the Slaughter (for the upkeep mostly, ramp-up could be toned down) are all gone. These seemingly insignificant, quality of life, or downright confusing changes all contributed to losing the class and specs' identities and overall enjoyability.
- Warriors need another baseline offensive CD. For those choosing Stormbolt, you're left with only Recklessness, which is on a 5 min CD.
- War Banners:
> Underwhelming effects considering their duration and cooldown.
> Skull banner is a talent we used to have, and the effect was permanent. Granted, it affects the whole raid now which is great.
* An increased personal bonus would make it more appealing, especially when soloing.
> Demoralizing Banner is also an ability we used to have.
* Not only is it weak (basically an extra Thunderclap), but considering the limited range and the fact that it's an applied debuff leads us to think it will be useless for many raid mechanics.
- Fury and Arms are too similar.
- The increase in CD of the main DPS abilities (MS/BT) contributes in making the rotations feel dull.
- Enrage in its current form is not an interesting mechanic, and is detrimental to Fury.
- Extremely low crit rate across all specs.
- The new Rage system is too predictable.
- Berserker stance is severely under-tuned in both PVP and PVE.
- Berserker stance may be too hard to balance to be a long term solution.
- Stances being on the GCD is annoying and clunky (for lack of better words).
- Spell Reflection's nerf back to 30 seconds feels unwarranted. Either the Shield Requirement needs to go or the CD needs to be shorter.
- Shield requirements are bad because:
> They force you to create macros and update them regularly.
> They force you to use the clunky weapon-swapping system. That clunkiness sometimes leads to being CCed with the Spell Reflection buff active, among other frustrating situations.
> They force you to gimp your damage way too much when compared to other classes.
- Our self-healing is much too weak.
- Health pools (which affects all of our self-heals) are not equal across our 'three' DPS specs because of the different weapon sets. Currently, TG >>> Arms > SMF.
- Throw is too weak!
- Our utility does not compete with other classes'.
- Early warrior leveling is a complete bore due to a lack of damaging abilities.