310 ICC mounts in 4.0.1

#0 - Oct. 11, 2010, 11:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So, my guild all got their 25 man ICC mounts over the last two weeks, but I have just one achievement left. I need the [long, long time] achievement off LK. With 4.0.1 coming tomorrow, will I still be able to get the 310 mount? Or will it downgrade to 280?? (This will be my first 310) if it now gives me a 280 mount, does that mean I'd have to pay 5k to upgrade it? Or are all these changes coming in 4.0.3?
#5 - Oct. 12, 2010, 12:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
No changes are being made to mounts in patch 4.0.1, so you still have some time left yet. :)
#49 - Oct. 13, 2010, 11:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To clarify my original post, when I said no changes were being made to mounts in 4.0.1, I was referring to the idea of mounts being removed or droprates changed. No mounts have been removed as of yet, nor have any droprates been altered.

With that said, 310% speed is now solely obtained by purchasing the skill. All mounts now go the speed of your highest skill level. So if you happen to obtain Invincible now and have nothing higher than Expert riding, you will travel 150% speed. If you have Artisan riding the mount will be 280%. In order for the mount to travel 310% speed for anyone who obtains it after 4.0.1, you will need to purchase the new Master riding skill. Anyone who had a 310% mount prior to patch 4.0.1 automatically learned Master riding.

I apologize if my original post spawned any confusion. I should have worded it better. ^.^
#72 - Oct. 13, 2010, 11:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Wow, major screw job by Blizz. GG.

You hurt me so bad when you set out to prove I'm capable of making errors. Even still, given that I responded to this thread less than 12 hours before the realms went down for maintenance, I don't think a different response from me would have increased your chances of obtaining a 310% mount prior to patch 4.0.1

I can only apologize for the information I provided, but we're not changing the mount system in light of this. The mechanics for mounts have changed so that they all scale with each of the flying skills. As of patch 4.0.1, there are no longer mounts which grant super special speeds. Their value lies in their rarity. Their speed is relative to your coin purse.
#94 - Oct. 14, 2010, 12:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Did you bother to read the whole post. The achievement mounts will not be removed. They will just fly at your current flight speed.

Some mounts are being removed or having droprates altered in patch 4.0.3. We will have a detailed list of the changes for you this week.
#100 - Oct. 14, 2010, 12:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Can we have a response on the question regarding obtaining a 310% mount right now? Do we get Master Flying for free from the trainer or does it still cost us 5000/4000g?

There are no 310% mounts anymore. 310% speed is now obtained via Master riding, a new flying skill. All flying mounts are now only distinguished by aesthetics.
#118 - Oct. 14, 2010, 12:44 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Do you guys ever stick to the things you post? Wasn't that long ago Ghostcrawler commented that Blizzard had no problem with people farming the proto drakes. Now you are saying that come the next patch some mount will be removed? You've already removed the main(well maybe not the main thing, but the speed increase was a big deal, the looks are great, but people chased these drakes for the speed increase as well) thing that made these achievement mounts special, their "super speed" by normalizing them with the likes of the Bronze Drake(you should be ashamed by this, btw) and claim that the rarity is what sets them apart. If it's truly the "rarity" of these mounts that makes them special, shouldn't you have just removed them already?

Look, I completely understand your frustration, but as I said the announcement about 4.0.3 mount changes is coming this week. It's best to address concerns about individual mounts and their rarity once the information is out there.
#540 - Oct. 16, 2010, 12:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have a slight update to spread to the masses. We are going to be adding a hotfix for the achievement What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been. This hotfix will make it so that obtaining the Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake will award players Master riding.

The way in which 310% will be awarded is going to be a little quirky at first, but we plan to make it a more smooth process in a future patch. For now, you will need 280% flying in order to learn to use the Violet Proto-Drake. Once you mount the drake for the first time it will teach Master riding. The only catch is that you have to dismount and mount the drake again in order for 310% speed to take effect.