Make homophobic remarks an instant ban

#1 - April 27, 2012, 3:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Im sick of this honestly, in every Battleground, in every instance, always that one guy who has to rant on and use degrading homophobic terms just to express his 'rage'.

Just finished a BG, where this guy came in, said he was "!@#$ faced" at the start, then in mid game started going on about how there were too many "fags" in the game and etc. Not only did no one say anything to him, the one guy who acted in defense got ten times the abuse back, but got reported by the guy (Thank you very much, effortless report system, now you can just report anyone you dont like the look of!).

In before all the "Use ignore nub" comments, you cant ignore something you have already seen, and before the "This is the internetz get used to it", there is plenty of things that blizzard have zero tolerance for, this should be one of them.

I have no idea what blizzard's punishment stance is on players insulting eachother, but Im curious to know.

Either way, seriously, this is a disgusting habbit, please cut it out.
#118 - April 27, 2012, 3:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If you have not yet done so, I would strongly recommend reading our Harassment Policy found here.

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-harassment-policy

We take all reports of harassment very seriously and if such matters are reported to us then we will investigate and take the appropriate actions.

If you are worried about players mis-using the tool to report you "for fun" and you have not breached our policy, rest assured no action will be taken.

Due to the nature of this discussion and to prevent anyone from overstepping the forum policies, I am going to lock this thread.