[Feedback] Tier 14 set bonuses

#1 - April 25, 2012, 4:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First off, yes data mined info is not 100% reliable.

tl;dr: My feedback is simple, why are almost all of the set bonuses simple X% upgrades instead of interesting spec changes?

I always liked the set bonuses in T12 where 2p was a simple numbers boost and 4p changed rotation and priorities of the spec. I personally enjoy this style as it changes things up patch to patch instead of the same rotation the whole expansion unless you hit some major haste breakpoint. Some people might not like that and prefer to know the way to play their spec and not have to relearn their class each patch. Fair enough.

I would be ok with % boosts across the board or the T12 style. Keep it uniform though if it is all straight up number boosts. Some of the sets have some neat effects like a shaman gaining an extra charge of tidal waves or an extra lightning shield charge. Cooldown reducers for the tanks is nice to hit them more frequently but isn't particularly interesting to me as they are no longer Raid CD's. I guess though that depending on the timing of a certain fight having a major tank CD up every X seconds instead of Y seconds could change things.

My feedback could be moot once more changes are rolled out and things are tuned and most importantly we get to see some of the raids and how mechanics will be working.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#3 - April 26, 2012, 5:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
There are a lot of class changes for players to get used to in a new expansion. Immediately jumping into set bonus that make rotations more interesting is sort of wasted design space because players often aren't even used to their normal rotations yet. We typically start an expansion with pretty simple set bonuses and work our way up to more elaborate ones.