Changing order in character select screen

#0 - Oct. 6, 2010, 2:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey everyone,

I'm playing WOW since april this year, and have not yet used these forums. But now something
has come up that i would like to share with you guys. While playing, the need inside me started
to grow to be able to change the order in which my characters are displayed in the character
select screen. So today, i finally decided to start a GM ticket, to get an awnser to my question:

Q u o t e:
[06/10/2010]
15:05 [Solnaril]: Good afternoon Dulani my name is GM Solnarill, I am contacting you in regards to your open ticket. Is it a good time to talk?
15:05 [Dulani]: yes it is
15:05 [Solnaril]: Hi there Dulani, how can I help?
15:06 [Dulani]: well i posted a ticket with a question about character select screen
15:06 [Solnaril]: Ok, about being able to change the order of which your characters show?
15:06 [Dulani]: yes exactly
15:06 [Solnaril]: Ok, I'm afraid that is not possible Dulani.
15:06 [Solnaril]: Your characters will appear in the order they were created
15:06 [Dulani]: ah thats too bad
15:07 [Dulani]: may i ask why blizzard isnt putting this in any patches?
15:07 [Dulani]: cause i hear a lot of people would like this feature
15:07 [Solnaril]: Because it's not necessary Dulani, it offers no benefit at all
15:08 [Solnaril]: Is there anything else I can help with while I'm here? :)
15:08 [Dulani]: well no benefit, but a lot of players would like the feature simply because of the ability to organise there characters
15:08 [Dulani]: but i understand blizzard isnt going to do anything with this
15:08 [Dulani]: well that was my only question really
15:08 [Solnaril]: A lot of players would like a million different things, doesn't mean that it's going to happen or that it is even needed. :)
15:09 [Solnaril]: Ok, you have fun Dulani, and enjoy the rest of your day. :D
15:09 [Dulani]: well you would think, since we pay for it, blizzard would listen to the things we would like to see changed
15:09 [Dulani]: but apparently the customer isnt always king
15:09 [Dulani]: good day to you too :)
15:10 [Solnaril]: We listen to a lot of ideas the players have, but considering that the time involved in developing a new feature must show a benefit to the game. :)
15:10 [Dulani]: it seems to me it would only be a minor patch, and you would make thousands of players very happy.

Ofcourse, maybe i was exaggurating, but i could help feeling a bit shot down by Blizzard. So it made
me wonder: am i really one of few who would like to see this feature be a part of the next patch? Or
are there more people wanting this? And if so, doesnt that make the feature worth while, even when
it gives no direct in-game benefits? Cause it seems to me, it wouldn't be a very big adjustment they
would have to make. What do you guys think?
#5 - Oct. 6, 2010, 2:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Whilst it would be nice to have, it really isn't needed. Sure, I'd like to have my main at the very top of my character select screen instead of a rogue I barely play anymore, but it wakes all of a second to double click said main toon and I can be on my way

it may happen someday, but I wouldn't hold my breath

It may indeed happen some day, in fact it is on our list of things we would like to do, so we will not rule out the possibility that you will one day be able to change the order of characters listed on your character selection screen. However, we do not think that this is something that is critically needed at this point in time, so it is not exactly listed as our top priority. :-)