Theramore Must Not Be Destroyed

#1 - April 12, 2012, 5:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If there's one thing I can't stand in this game, it's when things happen. I used to spend long, ruminative hours hanging out in the Stormwind Park. Then, Deathwing blew it up. Now I have to go to Moonglade to RP skinny-dipping in a moonwell with my creepy World of Warcraft e-girlfriend who won't chat on Ventrilo. This has been a major inconvenience for me.

I just heard that Theramore will be destroyed in Mists of Pandaria. If I had been consulted on this decision, I never would have allowed it, and I am enraged that such a thing is happening. Theramore is the scenic gateway to southern Kalimdor, and I love it dearly. I will not tolerate the toppling of one single stone of that sacred fortress. I have too many fond memories of the times I spent repeatedly failing the triage bandage quest, and my RP romance with Jaina.

If there is one ironclad law of Warcraft lore it is that nothing bad can ever happen when my character is around. And my character is ALWAYS around because I play World of Warcraft 16 hours a day. It's just not believable from the lore or from Garrosh Hellscream's established character that he'd ever risk invoking my rage. Garrosh may have a hot temper and a tiny head, but he's not stupid or suicidal.

My lore credentials are extensive. I rampaged through Icecrown Citadel at level 85, and I have been the hero of the Dragon Soul twelve times on Raid Finder difficulty. Also, I almost beat Jin'Do once. When people want to use a generic internet-slang term for a huge amount of damage, they say someone did "over 9000." My meters can reach 12,000 damage per second during Heroism, which is much more than 9000. I am clearly quite formidable. Whenever I do Raid Finder, people are always shouting in raid chat about my damage, and then they try to vote-kick me because they'e so jealous.

Even Thrall has said repeatedly that he's awed my my incredible battle prowess, and would be frightened to face me in single combat. I can provide excerpts from my fan-fiction stories in which Thrall said these things. Thrall's well-established awe of me is also the reason he didn't challenge me to a duel that time he caught me /kissing Aggra. He was scared of me. He forgave her as well, since no mortal female can resist my masculine charms or the overpowering scent of my musk.

Also, I just saw the new datamined Jaina Proudmoore model. Apparently she's going to get tortured by the Horde, and now she has a huge tramp-stamp. I am outraged. This is the girl I was going to introduce to my parents to prove that my WoW time is productive. Unacceptable!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#36 - April 12, 2012, 7:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/12/2012 10:16 AMPosted by Crawford
If there's one thing I can't stand in this game, it's when things happen.

Oh, things will happen in Mists. Count on it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#91 - April 12, 2012, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
04/12/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Arberus

Oh, things will happen in Mists. Count on it.
That's what we're afraid of.

It has been the Alliance's experience that things happening is never a good thing.

Yea, I'm just kinda done empathizing with this uber-skeptical, "we've been burned before" type of response to anything regarding faction content and story. The cynicism and sense of despair coming from Alliance players whenever story progression is discussed in any capacity is starting to come off a little forced. It's definitely not very useful.

I couldn't help but consider player perception when choosing which spectral mount to go with as my avatar. I went with the gryphon because I didn't want to waste time reading any posts about why I chose the Horde mount. But then I thought about the potential of seeing people complain that I only chose the gryphon as an empty gesture to the Alliance. I feel like there's a metaphor in there somewhere, hah.