#1 - April 1, 2012, 10:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I was looking at the creation screen a bit, and i noticed that only the female pandaren with the red skin get a tail and the males keep the stump.

Dont know iff this is intended or not, but iff it is intended i have the call discrimination on this one. Luckily its only week 2 of the beta and you can still change that.
Forum Avatar
Community
#21 - April 10, 2012, 11:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Though we've added red pandaren males, we intend the tail to be unique to female pandaren.
Forum Avatar
Community
#45 - April 11, 2012, 2:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Though we've added red pandaren males, we intend the tail to be unique to female pandaren.
Because?
Essentially because we like it this way. We like the distinction. :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#108 - April 17, 2012, 11:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We consider the pandaren models pretty much done: i.e. the distinctive longer tails for female red-coloured pandaren, that we like, are there to stay.

Let's say it like this: we don't want to repeat the female worgen on this one. We don't want to second-guess the design.

This may just be my interpretation and not our company's, but the way I see it is that with many things there's always going to be people that like it exactly how it is — as we do — and those that don't. If we change it, the people who didn't like it before the change might be satisfied by it changing, but there's also the chance they might not be. What's guaranteed, though, is that those who did like it just as it was (usually the silent majority) definitely won't like it being changed.