What i have learned as an battle.net user

#1 - March 27, 2012, 11:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
well the problem is that I want to change my NAME on battle.net and I cant really find where to do it. So I decided to call blizzard. What they said and I quote; "We only do that when a divorce or similar things happen." Not entirely quoted but please, change that ...
#5 - March 28, 2012, 2:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The name on an account is very important as it's one of several security points we use to verify account ownership. Allowing someone to change account information arbitrarily would compromise that security, and could lead to horrible cases of account theft.

The name on an account should always be set accurately to the name the person that registered the account with us. If an account has the wrong name, the important question is "Why?".

Did you enter gibberish/fake information when creating the account? If so, we might be able to help, but you'll have to provide considerable proof of ownership to even stand a chance.

Perhaps you bought the account from a friend/family member, or was given it as a gift? Unfortunately this means you're not actually allowed to be using that account; it won't be placed in your name, and you should stop using it immediately.
#16 - March 28, 2012, 5:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Still send in the legal information Thygor that is required and we'll be able to take it from there. If we require any further information, we'll let you know. :)