Female Pandaren Model Complaints (OP edited)

#1 - March 19, 2012, 10:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
First of all, let me preface this with a bit of praise, actually. The designers have done a good job on making her curvy and she does fit into her MoP surroundings.
Now onwards to my complaints.

I know the model is still in Alpha and no one wants to repeat the Worgen fiasko.
But yet again we have someone trying to make the female model of a race based on wild animals look cute and turn the female Pandaran into what seems to be an anime omgkawaii-model IMHO.

Due to her thin neck her head looks like it could fall off at any given time. Her nose and mouth remind me of chipmunks, but definitely NOT of Pandas like the males' do.

DeviantArt's Hitsujifox voiced pretty much the same problematics and then went and touched up the model a tiny bit that actually does worlds of change to the female Pandaren.

see here: http://hitsujifox.deviantart.com/#/d4tcage (Not my art. I did not draw this. Whoever thought so, sorry for the confusion.)

Her nose is broader as is her neck, her mouth looks more natural, the legs/hips have been widened a tiny amount as well and suddenly she looks a lot more like the counterpart of the males.

Please confirm that there will be facial options that reflect a more panda bear-like muzzle/nose/mouth (as these are the animals the race is based upon) IN ADDITION to the well-liked :3-face. I for one would also like to see screenshots of more facial expressions, not simply changeable markings and fur patterns, as soon as possible.

That is all from me for now.

Syroca
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#44 - March 19, 2012, 3:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First of all, let me preface this with a bit of praise, actually. The designers have done a good job on making her curvy and she does fit into her MoP surroundings.Now onwards to my complaints.

I know the model is still in Beta and no one wants to repeat the Worgen fiasko.
But yet again we have someone trying to make the female model of a race based on wild animals look cute and turn her into what seems to be an anime omgkawaii-model.

Due to her thin neck her head looks like it could fall off at any given time. Her nose and mouth remind me of chipmunks, but definitely NOT of Pandas like the males' do.

DeviantArt's Hitsujifox voiced pretty much the same problematics and then went and touched up the model a tiny bit that actually does worlds of change to the female Pandaren.

see here: http://hitsujifox.deviantart.com/#/d4tcage

Her nose is broader as is her neck, her mouth looks more natural, the legs/hips have been widened a tiny amount as well and suddenly she looks a lot more like the counterpart of the males.

Last but not least, I hope us players will be able to chose a large variety of fur patterns and of course face options. Some angry, some neutral and, yes, even some 'cute' ones.

That is all from me for now.

Syroca

I'm going to attempt to nip "complaints" in the bud a bit. First I'll link you to WoW Insider's write up about what they saw so that it's not just my word about how great this model looks- Go here to read.

Next, I'm going to simply say that what you are seeing is a small sample of what this character looks like. You have a choice of the red version (with long tail) or the more traditional pandaren style with the stub tail. She has many amazing new hairstyles you will get to see as well as many choices for her face and features. On top of this, this model looks amazing in motion.

I don't want to squash any discussions, because I think constructive feedback is always valuable, but we're pretty happy with how she came out and from what I've seen so far, a large portion of the community is as well. When you all get to see her within the game, we can talk some more if you still have some concerns. Again, I'm not trying to be dismissive, but seeing the character in motion with all of her options may well change this whole conversation you're trying to start up.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#60 - March 19, 2012, 3:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm going to attempt to nip "complaints" in the bud a bit. First I'll link you to WoW Insider's write up about what they saw so that it's not just my word about how great this model looks- Go here to read.

Next, I'm going to simply say that what you are seeing is a small sample of what this character looks like. You have a choice of the red version (with long tail) or the more traditional pandaren style with the stub tail. She has many amazing new hairstyles you will get to see as well as many choices for her face and features. On top of this, this model looks amazing in motion.

I don't want to squash any discussions, because I think constructive feedback is always valuable, but we're pretty happy with how she came out and from what I've seen so far, a large portion of the community is as well. When you all get to see her within the game, we can talk some more if you still have some concerns. Again, I'm not trying to be dismissive, but seeing the character in motion with all of her options may well change this whole conversation you're trying to start up.

Choices for FEATURES?! Ohoho this is splendid news

Also, I must say that I'm glad to see a blue communicating with the players a little on this subject. That's definitely a step-up from what happened with the female worgen model.

Don't get too caught up on getting nitty gritty with feature choices/facial choices, but there are a good amount to choose from.