PTR: Tank damage still spikey

#0 - Sept. 20, 2010, 7:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
ok, yes, PTR is PTR, number aren't final and all that jazz.... but sweet zombie Arthas, watching a bear tank drop in the cast time of a single Holy Light from a single trash pack (the blue proto-dragon + vrykul in HPoS) is a little much. Gods help you on raids.

Now I understand the whole "balanced for 85" thing, but can we PLEASE get some of that higher HP stuff filtered down to lower levels so we can actually GET to 85 without becoming so frustrated we drop for dps? I've talked to pallies who say they are being hit as hard on heroic bosses as they are on 10N Lich King... these are t10.5 geared tanks, try that in ilvl 200 blues.

I love healing, I really do. Having the whole of the game balanced on my soft-enrage timer (often mispronounced "mana bar") gets a little old but I understand why it needs to be done. However, if we are to be balanced based on tanks that will only take a fraction of their HP off per hit, we need tanks that will only have a fraction of their HP taken off per hit. Looking at current heroics on the PTR it seems like only half the equation got implemented and healers are already balanced of a paradigm that will not come into effect for several levels.
#6 - Sept. 20, 2010, 9:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The damage being done by Lich King-level mobs is currently higher than intended on the PTR. That's not a good surrogate for what tank healing will be like at 85 in appropriate gear.