Is there anything positive going on?

#1 - March 8, 2012, 5:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Everything I read is negative about the game.... is there anything people like about the game? Or, is it all negative?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - March 8, 2012, 5:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/08/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Tygren
Everything I read is negative about the game.... is there anything people like about the game? Or, is it all negative?

There's plenty of positive, but we go through these periods between content sometimes where people start looking for the "next big thing" if they feel they've done it all in game. People who are generally happy, tend to just play the game for what it is and we rarely see them on the forums. (That's not to say that we don't get people who are also happy on the forums too.) People who feel that there needs to be change to the game or have run into things they aren't happy with, tend to come to the forums to talk about it. They come to discuss it with other people here and see if they're the only one feeling a certain way, or they hope that one of us will see it and pass word along to the developers.

Frankly, we love getting to see constructive feedback whether it's positive (I love this thing because of xyz!) or more negative (I don't like this because xyz.) I sound like a broken record when I say this but, it's a truth that any community manager knows passionate people post passionately. If apathy wins, all you hear is silence. I'd much rather see that people still care than deal with no one talking about anything.

That said though, it's important not to let other's negative perceptions color your own (as difficult as that may sometimes be.) If you're having fun and enjoying the game for what it is, there is no reason at all you can't continue to do so. Your fun is purely your own.

It won't be long though and we'll have more to share on the ongoing development for the game and Mists of Pandaria, so hopefully that will lighten the mood a little.