Gold

#1 - March 7, 2012, 2:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok so i am really really confused those ppl u see advertising gold websites. Is buing gold from that website or watever aginst the rules or are there ways u can buy gold and not get banned or what?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#6 - March 7, 2012, 2:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
And...welcome to the Customer Support Forum, folks. Please mind your P's and Q's and check your attitudes at the door. Thanks.

Before this thread gets too out of hand since it originally stemmed in the General Forum, I thought I would step in.

Short answer to your question, Balbimlin, is that buying gold is not a good idea in the least. In fact, most of the gold being purchased comes from hacked accounts. To get an idea of the impact buying gold does have, take a look at this link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/services/anti-gold/
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#29 - March 7, 2012, 3:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Make no mistake, buying gold is at the root of the VAST majority of compromises, spam and bots. The days when legions of people actually 'farmed' is decades over, that ended just as soon as there was real money to be made. There is NO 'good' gold bought from these thieves and cheats.

I can't say it any more plainly than that. And yes, they will happily steal the very gold you just bought to fund the next order, seen it happen - real time. Don't visit those types of websites, they are often lousy with viruses. It also puts you squarely in their sights for future phishes.

Bought gold is stolen or exploited gold. If you didn't know it before, know it now.

And we can't do anything about it, Elidralol? O relly?