Racial Slurs in /2

#1 - Feb. 16, 2012, 12:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Blizz,

I'm just curious as to why, with the diversity of the gaming community now-a-days do you still allow for the N bomb to be dropped.. or any racial slur for that matter.

With me being bi-racial (mixed with black /white/native american) I find /2 to be extremely offensive at times with how racist it can get. Is this something that Blizzard even cares about or are people like myself who get offended by that type of stuff SoL?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#13 - Feb. 16, 2012, 2:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/15/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Shermy
Trade on my server is usually fairly clean, this is because people report the offenders relentlessly.

I cannot stress this enough.

Vrakthris has said this before, and probably more eloquently than I will, but I'll try to paraphrase to the best of my ability. Think of your realm as if it were your neighborhood. When you see something bad, like graffiti or a piece of litter, what do you do with it? Do you help clean it up? Do you report it? Or do you just leave it be?

If you report it, you show your community as a whole that you won't stand for that kind of behavior. The authorities will take action when and where they can. Criminals are dissuaded when they know authorities are active in an area, and authorities are more active in areas where the community is vocal in protecting their neighborhoods.

Our game works the same way. Game Masters are a reactive service - they are generally unable to take action unless they receive a report about the situation. If you see something you don't approve of (or something that violates our Harassment Policies), then please take a moment to report it to us! Our staff is more than happy to investigate and take the appropriate action, though please be aware that they are unable to inform you of actions taken on another account.

The quality of your game play environment is of paramount importance to us, and we're there to help. You just need to ask. >^.^<
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#15 - Feb. 16, 2012, 2:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We do currently offer a profanity filter, Hotfoyou. The words you mention should be filtered by that. You can toggle this filter in your Interface > Chat settings.

At this time, I'm not aware of any plans to separate the filter for independent types of violations. That would be something you might offer feedback on in our General forum, if you'd like to see such a feature added.