Here are some instructions on how to install the PTR client. If you are confused by any part of the installation process, feel free to reply to the thread with your questions.
- 1. Ensure that you have a fully-installed version of the latest World of Warcraft Retail client. The installer will be using your registry files and installed game data to create the PTR Client.
- 2. Browse to http://www.wow-europe.com/ptr/ to obtain the PTR installer downloader from the "Download Client" section (http://www.wow-europe.com/charcopy/downloads.html).
- 3. Click the EN link for PC or Mac to download the installer downloader program. For this PTR phase, the downloader is called PTR-Installer-220.127.116.1124-enGB-downloader.exe and is approximately 2.52 megs.
- 4. Run the downloader to obtain the Installer executable file -- this file is approximately 102 megs.
- 5. Once downloaded, the installer should load automatically and begin installation of the PTR client. If it does not start automatically, browse to the directory you saved it to and run the Installer.exe file. If you are requested to choose where to install the PTR client, please ensure you install the client outside of your existing game directory structure.
- 6. Once the installer has installed enough of the game for you to play it, the progress bar at the bottom should be highlighting either "AVAILABLE" or "PLAYABLE" and the "Play" button should be lit up and able to be pushed.
If you cannot see something like this, browse to the directory you installed the PTR to and run the Launcher.exe file.
Are you still stuck? If you are, don't be shy -- ask your installation questions here in this thread. Please note: posts not relating purely to installation may be deleted to ensure the thread is kept on topic.